Conscious Discipline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conscious Discipline

What is it? I've seen teachers/providers comment about it on fb groups and was curious what it is.

Discipline is to teach, not to punish. The lesson plan and curriculum should be purposeful. The goal is being conscious of what discipline is being taught. Same ole, same ole since the early 30's, I believe.

It is also now the name of a trademarked training program. ::

Conscious Discipline believes that trauma-responsive social and emotional learning (SEL) is a lens through which transformational change in the areas of racial equality, equity and inclusion is not only possible, but essential.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I was wrong, it was the 1600's & 1700's. ::

Who was Friedrich Froebel (1782-1852) Born on 21 April 1782 Friedrich Froebel was a German educator who invented the kindergarten. He believed that “play is the highest expression of human development in childhood for it alone is the free expression of what is in the child’s soul.” According to Froebel, in play children construct their […]

- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

To discipline means to teach.

To teach is to show and explain how to do something. It focuses on teaching the desirable future behavior.

To punish is to inflict suffering for the past behavior.

Comment

I am suppose to go this training sometime this summer, because it is tied in with baby doll circle time which I am interested in implementing. But I don't really know a lot about it.

Comment

I love this method. The star (Teach children to S.T.A.R.: Smile, Take a deep breath And Relax.) is a favorite with my twos. I find reminding the kids "My job is to keep you safe, Your JOB is to help me keep it that way" helps alot too (making them responsible for themselves)

check out the free resources. I started there and implemented some of it.
            Access over 300 free and premium digital resources including video, audio, printables, song lyrics, assessment rubrics and much more.

Theres also a cool song from there:
            I wish you well
            I wish you well
            all through the day today
            I wish you well

We change it to "I wish (childs name) well" and do it as our opening song.

Comment

Working...
            X