Valentine's Day Crmake A Proafts And Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day Crmake A Proafts And Party

I am having a V-day party tomorrow for the DCK. We usually make a project for moms/dad/gmas etc. Cash is a little tight and I am trying to think of a neat project for the kids to do tomorrow that they can make for their loved ones that will not cost much.....

anyone have any ideas??

if you have fabric around you could make rag wreaths. Cut out a piece of cardboard (or bend a wire hanger) in the shape of a heart. tear the fabric into 1 inch strips and have the kids tie the strips around the wreath.

there are a lot of pics online, but here is a random one.

Comment

Who needs more Valentine’s treat? Me!! Always me! Just dip heart shaped pretzels into candy melts and chocolate and give to loved ones on Valentine’s Day. They’re the perfect shape and a yummy treat. Top them with red and white sprinkles for an extra cute touch. But be careful- these little treats are addictive! Calories … Continued

I posted in several threads this link.

I have everything for it except for the pretzels, so it'll cost me a dollar or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by dEHmom View Post
        http://www.makeandtakes.com/chocolat...pretzel-hearts

I posted in several threads this link.

I have everything for it except for the pretzels, so it'll cost me a dollar or 2.
        haha. I just clicked your link and got this message:

You 404’d it. Gnarly, dude.
        Surfin’ ain’t easy, and right now, you’re lost at sea. But don’t worry; simply pick an option from the list below, and you’ll be back out riding the waves of the Internet in no time.
        • Hit the “back” button on your browser. It’s perfect for situations like this!
        • Head on over to the home page.
        • Punt.

Comment

yeah I did too... I was like hmm interesting site, I read on and realized it was a broken link...

thanks for trying though

Comment

Here is the link. I just googled it. Hopefully it's the same thing...

Who needs more Valentine’s treat? Me!! Always me! Just dip heart shaped pretzels into candy melts and chocolate and give to loved ones on Valentine’s Day. They’re the perfect shape and a yummy treat. Top them with red and white sprinkles for an extra cute touch. But be careful- these little treats are addictive! Calories … Continued

Comment

UGH! same with me!

It's in both the recipes and the kids crafts section. It's chocolate dipped pretzels.

Comment

yuumm that sounds super yummy.. I guess the only issue with this is I have some kids allergic to chocolate.... I know how sad for them, so missing out...

But thank you sooo much for your feed back... I might have to make those for my own family..

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                  yuumm that sounds super yummy.. I guess the only issue with this is I have some kids allergic to chocolate.... I know how sad for them, so missing out...

But thank you sooo much for your feed back... I might have to make those for my own family..
                  I'm sure you can do a yogurt dip instead.

Comment

Originally posted by DCMomOf3 View Post
                    if you have fabric around you could make rag wreaths. Cut out a piece of cardboard (or bend a wire hanger) in the shape of a heart. tear the fabric into 1 inch strips and have the kids tie the strips around the wreath.

there are a lot of pics online, but here is a random one.
                    how long do you think that would take a child around the age of 3-4?? do you think that they would get frustrated or bored if it takes a long time?
                    That looks really fun..

Comment

i think if you make them smaller, like 6 inches in diameter, not too long. You could always make the strips wider too to cover more area. It's great practice for tying.

Comment

Originally posted by DCMomOf3 View Post
                        i think if you make them smaller, like 6 inches in diameter, not too long. You could always make the strips wider too to cover more area. It's great practice for tying.
                        I remember making a xmas wreath with strips of a green garbage bag in elementary school.

It didn't take long at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X