Kids Bickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids Bickering

What do you when kids bicker back and forth all day long. Things like, the sky is blue then someone says no it's red, no it's blue, or we're having peanut butter and fish for lunch no we're having peanut butter and jelly and these things turn into non stop bickering back and forth. it's like a game to see who can make someone else cry because that's what ends up happening, someone will start crying and whine and say but I want it to be bluuuuueeee. Is there a way to deal with this????

I just say “stop” or “enough” to end it quickly. Kids do not understand logic in these situations!

Comment

My favorite is "My mom" or "My dad". GRRR.

Comment

You can out crazy them by singing Hello, goodbye every time they really get going, or just use earbuds. "Let's just agree to disagree" sometimes works with slightly older kids.

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaP View Post
          My toddlers are all, "My mommy." "No, my mommy." "NO MY MOMMY!"

On Wednesday, my preschooler decided to play the peacemaker, and cut in with "EVERYBODY mommy."

Comment

My 2 favorites are

"you can't come to my birthday"

or

"you're not my best friend!"

Comment

Yep I've heard them all. It drives me nuts especially one ends up crying. I give them a minute to see if they can "work it out" but it never does, so I feel like that's all I'm saying, is enough, or we don't always have to agree or it's ok if he thinks the sky is green and you want it to be red. It just seems like it's all they do lately.
              Do you ever feel like your whole day is just nothing but negative, no, stop please, talk nice, and so forth? that's how I feel, my mouth hurts.

Comment

I had one in full blown sobbing this morning. Why? Because she’s looking at me.

Comment

I have one kid here today.

Kid is arguing with career dolls (https://www.amazon.com/Pretend-Profe.../dp/B000F8TB0W). Because April.
                  - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

The other day i had one break down and cry at pick up time because when I put his shoes on I pulled the tongue out

Comment

I join them. "No it's orange. Or pink and purple polka dots. The squirrels are monkeys! We are SO SILLY!"

Diffuse the bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                        I join them. "No it's orange. Or pink and purple polka dots. The squirrels are monkeys! We are SO SILLY!"

Diffuse the bomb.
                        I do this too but I have to be in a good mood ::

Comment

Haha I do it too but depends on my mood too, how much bickering has already been done.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            My 2 favorites are

"you can't come to my birthday"

or

"you're not my best friend!"

OMG. The "best friend" argument is just as bad as the "My mom/dad" bit. My littlest would say that all the time.

Comment

OMG. The "best friend" argument is just as bad as the "My mom/dad" bit. My littlest would say that all the time.
                              I say I am his friend. It helps.
                              I have a girl she says I will not marry you! to a boy, and he gets upset. :: My husband calls her "his future ex-wife".

Comment

Working...
                              X