No announcement yet.

What Do You Wear During Daycare Hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Wear During Daycare Hours?

? I've heard some wear scrubs, but some think its not professional enough? I'm looking to dress myself and employees(2) similar or kinda uniform to look professional.

i never wore PJs and wearing my best clothes just wasn't my thing because of all the boogers and mess, i may have had to change mid day because of projectile vomiting babies, or blowouts, yet comfy sweats doesn't scream professionalism

I wore pediatric print scrubs for a while..but umm....I got fat because you don’t notice yourself gaining weight in them.

So now I wear stretchy denim jeans or khakis and polo shirts.

Comment

Jeans, sweatshirts, sweaters, tees. That's what I live in anyways.

Comment

Tees and jean capris/ yoga capris

Comment

I don’t have special daycare clothes, or employees, but in the colder months I live in yoga pants and in the warmer months I wear the athletic type shorts with built in spandex just to make sure I’m covered as I spend most of my day on the floor playing with the kiddos. For tops I just wear tshirts or lined sleeved shirts sometimes with a zip up jacket of some sort.

Comment

I lived in floor length knit skirts and tees this winter. Comfy as sweats, but looked like I kinda tried to get dressed ::. Come summer it will be capris and tees . I worked in the medical field and wore scrubs for a long time, I don't like bringing that feel to everyday wear. I think the same of uniforms in daycare... it just seems sterile.

Comment

We have t-shirts with the daycare name/logo printed on them. Different colors for the days of the week, so we all match each day.

Comment

Great question. I used to get up in the morning and decide that I was going to make extra effort to look presentable. And I did. And then within 15 minutes I'm covered in snot, spit up, drool, food, etc. Now I stick to shorts and tees, and a ponytail.

Comment

Jeans and t-shirts, mainly. Sometimes sweaters. I can't stand scrubs.

I've been at a couple centers that had us wear center t-shirts.

Comment

Regular clothing.
                    I’m a jeans/khaki and T-shirt type girl....Casual but presentable.
                    I don’t wear yoga pants or pj’s for work. Ever.
                    I despise yoga pants worn outside of yoga class.
                    I’ve been both fat and thin and don’t buy the “need” to wear them for movement etc...(sorry if this offends those who do wear them). It’s just not acceptable to me personally.
                    I also don’t understand how so many providers are covered in so much “kid stuff” as that’s just never been an issue for me... !
                    Last edited by Blackcat31; 03-31-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

We wear shirts that have our logo on them plus scrub tops that button with our name on them

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                        Regular clothing.
                        I’m a jeans/khaki and T-shirt type girl....Casual but presentable.
                        I don’t wear yoga pants or pj’s for work. Ever.
                        I despise yoga pants worn outside of yoga class.
                        I’ve been both fat and thin and don’t buy the “need” to wear them for movement etc...(sorry if this offends those who do wear them). It’s just not acceptable to me personally.
                        I also don’t understand how so many providers are covered in so much “kid stuff” as that’s just never been an issue for me... !
                        Blackcat, you outspoken 100% of my thoughts on this topic.

Comment

In colder weather, I wear jeans and a casual top with a sweater. In warmer weather, I wear capris jeans with a casual top.

I wish I could say I didn't understand having "kid stuff" all over me. Unfortunately, I understand it all to well. Just this past week, I had three kids using my shoulders and sleeves as a Kleenex. Yuck!

Comment

Not that i have kid stuff on accidents all over me every, but that when or if they do i don't wanna be in my clothes.
                            And even if they don't happen I have this i guess germaphobe way of thinking? just like that movie Contagion when i swear i can just SEE the germs. I'm the type of person that doesn't invest a lot into my wardrobe and would like to not have my decent stuff worn because of constant wash in the washer if that makes sense. i hardly buy.

A uniform shirt with logo i provide and asking for everyone to wear maybe khakis or jean material sounds decent.
                            I don't think yoga pants is going to make my uniform

Comment

Yoga pants and a tshirt. Ive had a lot of bodily fluids on me over the years, its not worth ruining my nice clothes. What i wear doesnt determine how good of job i do. I work with kids, people should understand.
                              Plus, i want to be comfortable getting messy and on the ground with the kids

Comment

Working...
                              X