Locking of Doors to Medicine/Cleaning Products Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking of Doors to Medicine/Cleaning Products Etc

I'm replacing my door knobs in my house for all of my interior doors and also moving things around. I have my medicine and shampoo/cleaning products now in my linen closet in the bathroom. It's all on the top shelf, but I wonder since the doorknob locks, if that is sufficient. I also have one that locks on my basement door too and wondered if that was sufficient instead of putting one of those plastic grip things that the kids can't turn. To unlock the door you would have to have a coin or something similar to put into the lock and turn it. there is no way to do it with a finger or a fingernail.

You might to check with your regs, but I would think that would be fine. It would be here, anyway. I worked at a center that used locks on cabinet doors that could be opened with a piece of mulch (guess how I learned that) and state always considered those just fine, as long as the actual keys were out of reach. Not that anyone ever told state that they could opened with mulch, .

Comment

Originally posted by Febby View Post
      You might to check with your regs, but I would think that would be fine. It would be here, anyway. I worked at a center that used locks on cabinet doors that could be opened with a piece of mulch (guess how I learned that) and state always considered those just fine, as long as the actual keys were out of reach. Not that anyone ever told state that they could opened with mulch, .
      A piece of mulch? wow ! My husband tried opening it with his fingernail and could't even get it to budge. I'm also looking at the magnet locks for the drawers. I like them because at the end of the day you can turn the switch so you don't have to have it toddler proof when the kids leave.

These are what I'm talking about. Does anyone have these? https://www.amazon.com/REGIONALS-MAG...r%2Blocks&th=1

Comment

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
        A piece of mulch? wow ! My husband tried opening it with his fingernail and could't even get it to budge. I'm also looking at the magnet locks for the drawers. I like them because at the end of the day you can turn the switch so you don't have to have it toddler proof when the kids leave.

These are what I'm talking about. Does anyone have these? https://www.amazon.com/REGIONALS-MAG...r%2Blocks&th=1
        Not that brand but yes, I have magnetic locks for all my cupboard doors.

This is the brand I have. http://www.rev-a-shelf.com/p-192-cab...cessories.aspx

I've had them since I opened and have never had to replace. They work great!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          Not that brand but yes, I have magnetic locks for all my cupboard doors.

This is the brand I have. http://www.rev-a-shelf.com/p-192-cab...cessories.aspx

I've had them since I opened and have never had to replace. They work great!
          Those look nice. I think I'm going to invest in the magnetic locks. I've always had the kind that you push down on and open the drawer/cabinet. The problem is, you have to do it all the time, meaning outside of daycare hours. These will be nice since I can disable them during non-daycare hours. Same as the door locks. This is a pic of the door lock. I have them on both bathroom doors, the basement door and the linen closet. I'm thinking that should pass don't you guys? I can hear licensing saying that well, if you forget to close the door or something like that. Well if I forget to close the cupboard and it doesn't lock, same thing right?
          Attached Files

Comment

I have them in a package waiting for my husband to put up. I don't have My regs regarding anything but all my medicine are upstairs and cleaning stuff locked in laundry room. The kitchen out of reach but to be on safe side I got them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupadia View Post
              I have them in a package waiting for my husband to put up. I don't have My regs regarding anything but all my medicine are upstairs and cleaning stuff locked in laundry room. The kitchen out of reach but to be on safe side I got them.
              so having stuff in the laundry room with the door locked works for you with regs?

Comment

I JUST ordered these yesterday. I will let you know how I like them once they are installed

Comment

so having stuff in the laundry room with the door locked works for you with regs?
                  Honesty in my province an Keeley unlinced care giver dose not have many regs. There are just ones that really cover ratios and ages.

I have all the products on a shelf in there that kids can't reach. The door is locked and kids can't get to the door. So I don't have any problems keeping them there from either my kids or the daycare ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupadia View Post
                    Honesty in my province an Keeley unlinced care giver dose not have many regs. There are just ones that really cover ratios and ages.

I have all the products on a shelf in there that kids can't reach. The door is locked and kids can't get to the door. So I don't have any problems keeping them there from either my kids or the daycare ones.
                    I'm thinking top shelf, locked door. Doesn't get better than that. I like that I can unlock it when it's not daycare hours. My own kids are 17 and 20

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
                      I JUST ordered these yesterday. I will let you know how I like them once they are installed
                      That's a great deal on them. I may order them too

Comment

I LOVE my magnet locks. The best part is that they can be turned "off" when you don't need them. I've even had my tougher day care boy try to open them when locked, and he couldn't.

So much better than any other child proof locking device I've used.

Comment

I always wonder if the parents have all this stuff locked up? How do their children go into the bathroom at home if everything is out and unlocked? :confused:

Everything I have locked up, my daycare kids have never even remotely tried to get into in the almost 21 years I have been open. My own children didn't ever bother anything.

I have everything locked up but just makes me wonder how these children survive at home
                          Each day is a fresh start
                          Never look back on regrets
                          Live life to the fullest
                          We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

I LOVE my tot locks - magnetic locks.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
                              I LOVE my magnet locks. The best part is that they can be turned "off" when you don't need them. I've even had my tougher day care boy try to open them when locked, and he couldn't.

So much better than any other child proof locking device I've used.
                              Where did you get yours?

Comment

Working...
                              X