No announcement yet.

Child Leaving Lovey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this was me, I would just be unavailable when they called looking for any thing after daycare closes. You have business hours, it's ok to stick to them!

In my contract I had my hours of operation and my phone hours listed. I could be reached an hour before opening and a half hour after closing. If they called to say they forgot something during that time frame, I would place it outside on the front stoop. But after that they'd be SOL

Comment

You guys are nicer than me. I would thrown it out once it became a recurrence and replied with "No" if they texted me if I saw it. I find it concerning she's just taking it anywhere and they think it's ok to bring into your home.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        You guys are nicer than me. I would thrown it out once it became a recurrence and replied with "No" if they texted me if I saw it. I find it concerning she's just taking it anywhere and they think it's ok to bring into your home.

OMG! Seriously. Something is wrong with you to throw out a child's lovey. They are a security object for a child.

Comment

OMG! Seriously. Something is wrong with you to throw out a child's lovey. They are a security object for a child.
          If it was a recurring event, it would be in garbage. One, as I've explained, I don't want something in my home that the parents had no idea where its been. The lovey can be in a public restroom for all they know. Two, if it has been hours as OP stated it's not really the child. I have watched many children, including mine and relatives, no child waits hours for something to be gone and freaks out. The parents are not only enabling negative behavior, they are actively encouraging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            I allow blankets but not stuffed animals (unless they are washable) but NO ONE is allowed to bring their blanket back and forth from home.

I have a fear of lice, bed bugs, scabies and all sorts of similar things....

Yeah, no.
            The one thing my oldest daughter told me (as a parent to 4 kids herself), that she would never put her children in a home daycare that was filled with stuffed animals ... "the germs are Nasty Mom, so glad you don't offer stuffed toys in your childcare" . Got to love it, but it's the same reason I don't allow diaper bags, blankets or even spare clothes to go back & forth... I wash up clothes here after changing into spares; I have parents switch out each season, so I am never shorted

Comment

I ran into this once as a parent.

Daycare asked to have a blanket left at daycare for naps. I sent my son's favorite, it was his first day at daycare. I didn't think it was something he couldn't live without.

That night, when he went to bed and realized it was still at daycare. He was really awfully sad.

The next day we traded it for one he didn't love so much and his beloved blanket stayed at home.

This was at a center, so once daycare is closed. ITS CLOSED. But if it was still before closing time, I would have absolutely driven back to get it for him.

Comment

I'm a little more sympathetic towards loveys. If someone forgets, I'll leave it on the front stoop behind my plant stand. They can pick it up whenever it's convenient for them. They have what they need and I'm not bothered by a knock on the door.
                I am too. I wouldn't like it if I had to give up my phone or purse somewhere so I don't expect children to give up their comfort items either.

I put the item in a plastic bag and leave it on the front porch for the parents to pick up at their convenience. Occasionally it's still there the next morning.

I would be livid if someone threw out my child's lovey. You can refuse to have it in your home, but it's not your property so you don't have the right to throw it out.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyKidsCo View Post
                  I am too. I wouldn't like it if I had to give up my phone or purse somewhere so I don't expect children to give up their comfort items either.

I put the item in a plastic bag and leave it on the front porch for the parents to pick up at their convenience. Occasionally it's still there the next morning.

I would be livid if someone threw out my child's lovey. You can refuse to have it in your home, but it's not your property so you don't have the right to throw it out.

Comment

Nothing from home. Period. Happy (and clean) life.

Comment

I don’t think I could ever toss out a child’s lovey. Not only are they someone else’s property but a child’s security blanket.

Comment

I just use the reasoning the my dogs will eat it. :: It works. It took awhile to say(and especially enforce) 'nothing from home' but after replacing a couple things dcks left here, because my dogs found them, I refused toys and blankets. I have blankets here they can use, nice soft cuddly ones. Only problem I have at the moment is losing pacifiers because 1 dcg cries for it all the time. I don't have the heart(or patience ) to keep that away from her when she needs it.

Comment

Working...
                        X