When a DCK Just Doesn't Show Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
    Well, after I sent the monthly letter home, dcm got right on dcd's butt and in her words, scolded him. Lol So he texted me last night telling me what the plans are for the remainder of the week. He's just so daM$ disrespectful of others and only cares about himself.
    Now if I could only get my stellar dcm on board with picking up on time. I even mentioned in the letter to check their original contracts to make sure they're picking up on time. She knows I close at 5:00 and makes an effort to be here by then. But those are not the hours she chose when she enrolled.
    Well it's a start

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
    I agree, but if it keeps one kid from cooking to death in the parking lot outside a parent’s work....
    I understand that, but what worries me is that I could see this being twisted into the provider being partially "responsible" for the actions of a parent. Not a line I want to get anywhere near.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
      I understand that, but what worries me is that I could see this being twisted into the provider being partially "responsible" for the actions of a parent. Not a line I want to get anywhere near.
      This is my thought, as well. If it’s required of us to call, liability will come with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
        ITA! But in WI we're required to call parents if a child doesn't arrive in X amount of time after their contracted drop-off time. I think it's dumb that we can choose the amount of time and there's no guidelines for what to do if we don't get an answer.

My policies state that I charge a $5 fee for each phone call. Not that I've ever charged it, but I could.

Comment

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
          I agree, but if it keeps one kid from cooking to death in the parking lot outside a parent’s work....
          Then where does it stop?

I could call everyone of my parents after hours and conduct well child checks to make sure the kids are being supervised, not being abused, are being fed, bathed and are being cared for properly as well as not provided too with too many opportunities to get hurt or or lost..

and that would more than likely prevent at least one child from being abused (physically, mentally and/or emotionally) without a doubt.

But I'm not going to.
          It's simply a responsibility that I refuse to assume.

fwiw~ I understand where you are coming from but those same types of ideas are exactly why a majority of this society has no concept of accountability.

Comment

Working...
          X