St. Patrick's Day Art?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
    On a side note, I remember the last day of school in elementary school the teacher would have everyone use shaving cream to clean their desks...aging myself? ::
    This is my sole memory from kindergarten. We did it once a quarter. I was in K in 95’-96’.

Comment

Sprinkle dry unsweetened kookaid on a piece of whit construction paper you have cut into a shamrock ( sometimes I use white card stock) . Have them dip paint brushes into water and paint over the dry powder. It will instantly turn to a bright green and it smells so good!!!

Comment

Koolaid!! Not kook!!! 😆

Comment

I make colored rice then we decorate rainbows with the different colors and hang them up.
          Each day is a fresh start
          Never look back on regrets
          Live life to the fullest
          We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Last year I made a poster sized rainbow and outlined each section with a color of the rainbow. Then we hunted all through out arts/crafts/stickers, you name it for anything a color of the rainbow. Then we glued the items in their appropriate sections. Nice group effort that we kept coming back to and the kids were excited to show their moms and dads which things they had put on. Really quite pretty when we were done.

Will have to try the green koolaid craft, that sounds like something they'd love!
            We made sparkly green playdough today, they even fought playing with that.
            We've also been practicing our Easter egg hunting skills this week. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Sprinkle dry unsweetened kookaid on a piece of whit construction paper you have cut into a shamrock ( sometimes I use white card stock) . Have them dip paint brushes into water and paint over the dry powder. It will instantly turn to a bright green and it smells so good!!!
              I love this idea! Adding green Kool-Aid to my shopping list right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss A View Post
                When I worked in a center, only the 3.5-5 year preschool room was allowed to use shaving cream, because of the fear of babies and toddlers ingesting it. The other classrooms were allowed to use whipped cream, until we hit 5 stars on QRIS and then it wasn't allowed because it was not appropriate to use food stuffs for activities when there could be children present in care who's family was struggling to put food on the table.
                Well, when put this way I can understand the whipped cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  I went to 3 stores yesterday, looking for green koolaid! I finally had to buy some other lemon-lime powder mix. But it still smelled good.

Comment

Working...
                  X