No announcement yet.

Whose Fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, if the doctor asks how it happened, she is probably going to let him know. Then it will go into the report which will go to the insurance. So even if she says nothing to the insurance company, they will have the record from the doctors office and then they will go to your insurance to pay.
    Each day is a fresh start
    Never look back on regrets
    Live life to the fullest
    We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

My regular home insurance covers me for $1 million if someone (anyone on my property) gets injured on my property. We don’t pay for healthcare in Canada so it would only be paid out if I was sued or if medical expenses incurred outside of regular medical attention. My daycare insurance covers more and covers things like accidental death etc. A bit more in-depth for possible civil suits.

Comment

Email a heads up to your licensar.

Consider adding a paragraph about not carrying children up/down the stairs if they're capable.

Does your homeowners cover your daycare? Mine does not.

She could sue- she could ask you to repay her, and in either case, I would let her go.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post

She could sue- she could ask you to repay her, and in either case, I would let her go.
          Right

Comment

I wouldn't stress too much about this. It may very well come to nothing, but you have insurance to cover you in cases like this and it sounds like you were not negligent in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
              https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...ghlight=Stairs

Check out nannyde's post...#31...it is specific to your situation. Darn parents can be more clumsy than the kids!
              Yes please read that post
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Any updates? Has she (DCM) said anything at all?
                How is she doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                  How is she doing?
                  Two years ago, I had a client run across my porch with flip-flops on in the rain while on the phone and did not use the rail and fell down my outdoor 3 steps. My Insurance told me that now they look at issues like that and would not offer to pay without investigating. This client did not ask me to pay but I made her sign an accident form with specific details. She did go to the chiropractor four times. My insurance told me she had a year to sue. They are still here and she did not sue me, thank goodness. But it really opened my eyes to documentation and clearly stating rules/guidelines for my program.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                    Two years ago, I had a client run across my porch with flip-flops on in the rain while on the phone and did not use the rail and fell down my outdoor 3 steps. My Insurance told me that now they look at issues like that and would not offer to pay without investigating. This client did not ask me to pay but I made her sign an accident form with specific details. She did go to the chiropractor four times. My insurance told me she had a year to sue. They are still here and she did not sue me, thank goodness. But it really opened my eyes to documentation and clearly stating rules/guidelines for my program.
                    I agree!

I had a similar situation...DCM walking on the newly made sidewalk (sides of sidewalk a bit above the surface of the grass around it on both sides). DCM was talking on her cell phone and wearing fairly high heeled sandals. She slipped right off the edge and rolled her ankle.

Immediately started talking about insurance (did I have any etc) and making a claim .....
                    So I invited her inside at pick up and had her watch the video footage of how it happened.

She apologized immediately and I never heard another word about the incident.

So YES! Another vote for documentation, clear policies and enforcing safety rules.

Comment

How is she doing?
                      She dropped her child off today walking on her foot but it was wrapped up. She said shes fine and her husband was making fun of her for being so clumsy. I told her no more carrying her child down the stairs and she said oh no not again. Dad picked up yesterday and told me the dr pushed something back in place? And to baby her foot for 2 days.
                      I know they personally wont come after me, and she didnt mention needing my info for the Dr or that she gave my info out. I think everything will be fine.

Comment

I agree!

I had a similar situation...DCM walking on the newly made sidewalk (sides of sidewalk a bit above the surface of the grass around it on both sides). DCM was talking on her cell phone and wearing fairly high heeled sandals. She slipped right off the edge and rolled her ankle.

Immediately started talking about insurance (did I have any etc) and making a claim .....
                        So I invited her inside at pick up and had her watch the video footage of how it happened.

So YES! Another vote for documentation, clear policies and enforcing safety rules.
                        Omg! Right away talking about insurance and claiming, that is crazy. Good thing you have cameras!

Comment

I agree!

And another good reason for video cameras.
                          Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
                          They are also our future.

Comment

Originally posted by MomBoss View Post
                            She dropped her child off today walking on her foot but it was wrapped up. She said shes fine and her husband was making fun of her for being so clumsy. I told her no more carrying her child down the stairs and she said oh no not again. Dad picked up yesterday and told me the dr pushed something back in place? And to baby her foot for 2 days.
                            I know they personally wont come after me, and she didnt mention needing my info for the Dr or that she gave my info out. I think everything will be fine.
                            That's good to hear!! happyface

Now you can breath a sigh of relief and enjoy the weekend!

Comment

Working...
                            X