No announcement yet.

HELP: Advice Needed For Fussy Infant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all of these perspectives. I have a gut feeling I should not take the family back at all. They were coming to my home in the middle of the week just two days and so it was hindering me from filling any full time spots because who needs child care for just Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays? The more I think about things, it is not worth it to deal with this issue for two days I was already giving at a discount. And I feel the same way, what if it happens again or the other childrens behavior reverts when I just got them back on track? Kids are kids but the last few months has been really rough on them and I feel like now its so much more calm in the house. How would you all word it to DCM in a way that is still sensitive and tactful and so she doesnt go around bad mouthing me? I guess that could happen anyway if I turn her away but I just think this would be best to move forward and fill those spots with full time care. I do and will miss the kids terribly but I feel like she should have thought about that before just pulling them without any thought to it. I will look forward to some advice on how to word things. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlLady View Post
      Thank you for all of these perspectives. I have a gut feeling I should not take the family back at all. They were coming to my home in the middle of the week just two days and so it was hindering me from filling any full time spots because who needs child care for just Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays? The more I think about things, it is not worth it to deal with this issue for two days I was already giving at a discount. And I feel the same way, what if it happens again or the other childrens behavior reverts when I just got them back on track? Kids are kids but the last few months has been really rough on them and I feel like now its so much more calm in the house. How would you all word it to DCM in a way that is still sensitive and tactful and so she doesnt go around bad mouthing me? I guess that could happen anyway if I turn her away but I just think this would be best to move forward and fill those spots with full time care. I do and will miss the kids terribly but I feel like she should have thought about that before just pulling them without any thought to it. I will look forward to some advice on how to word things. Thank you!
      Hi DCM,

I'm sorry to hear You haven't found other care arrangements. Unfortunately, the spaces are no longer available.

All the best,
      A relieved provider

Comment

No, I wouldn't take them back.

She can be as sorry as she wants but it was no mistake. She meant to pull or she wouldn't have done it at all. She'll do it again just as bold and brash as she did the first time.

Wish her well and move on to the next.

Comment

I would write a text.DearDCM, Sorry for your change of heart.I miss the children.I think its best for all concerned you find other care.I will not be offering parttime or sibling discounts going forward.Baby would probably benefit from a nanny.He seems to need more one on one time.Being part time is hard he never adjusts to group care.Good luck and thankyou Provider. I had to term a family and though I missed the non crier the whole group improved when they left.

Comment

I read your post and the responses.

In regards to being disappointed at her lack of appreciation for you : I felt the same way at first when I started. I've learned from my own experiences and this board that they will do what is best for them without one thought to our well being. As my DH (who has a long work history in Customer Service) once told me : "They are your customers, they don't owe you anything above payment". It sucks, but it's really the truth. Once you get that mindset, you're less disappointed when things happen. They don't see things from our perspective and they certainly don't invest themselves nearly as deeply as we do. As someone else said though - it will benefit you to keep a distance emotionally. You can still be a great provider, just keep the mindset that these children won't be in your care forever. They could leave next week and they may stay for years but you don't know for sure.

I'm regards to taking them back - no. You don't need the stress of the crying infant and it's not in anyone's best interest to get on this ride again... She has shown you what she will do when you set boundaries and she'll do it again. Also, they're part time and you've given them a discount. Fill the spots with more profitable kids.

Comment

Working...
            X