Strollers, Singles and Doubles....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strollers, Singles and Doubles....

For those of you who use double strollers and single strollers, do you have a favorite? I keep my eye out for double strollers for daycare, but also new single strollers for my future family use. Which is better as far as doubles: the side by side so both kids are next to each other or the infront-behind so both kids are inline with each other? I know the double wide ones could be too wide to fit through door ways, but I think they would be easier to put kids into and take them out of also. What are your thoughts? Anything new in the market or good-old-fashioned that will work best? Thanks!

The single I use for DS is the Maclaren Volo. Its a bit taller then some (which is good for my 6'7" DH)maneuvers really well, folds up nice and doesnt take up a lot of room

I use a Jeep Wrangle Twin Sport double side by side for when I take DS and dcks out. Its a fold up umbrella which folds down pretty small which I like cause it fits well in the back of my mommy mobile. I dont like that it doesnt have any basket bags. It was cheap and folds up nice so thats why I got it. I dont use it all the time and when I do I have these lovely skip*hop diaper bags that clip on the stroller good so I use those for toting all my crap.

I haven't had any issues fitting into doorways with this double its more so trying to figure out how to keep the door open while shoving the kids through . Ive gotten it down to using my butt to keep the door open while I swing around the stroller and be careful to not clip the kids feet. The kids are still young so I havent had any issues with them bugging each other either and its real easy to load the kids in and out. I havent used any other side by side so I cant really vouch for others.
    Last edited by E Daycare; 02-06-2011, 07:50 PM. Reason: Added some content.
    "Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time".

Comment

Pushing this back up. The multiple links put it in moderation.

Comment

Thanks Michael. Too many options for strollers, but they don't change in the market too often.

Comment

I also have a Maclaren for my DS and love it... As for dck's I use the Foundations quad stroller. I mentioned it in another thread. Like the stroller, I had to remove the hand brake because the pad rubbed on the tire and made it hard to maneuver. Definitely a good buy though.

Comment

I LOVE my Jeep stroller for a single. It's similar to this, except it's 6 years old now. Mine doesn't have the car seat attachment thing, but I think that's b/c of the age of it.

For a double, I have the Baby Trend Sit and Stand Deluxe. It's the one that has 2 actual seats. The back seat is removable for the standing version w/a bench. It's kind of hard to steer with an infant car seat in it (gets front heavy), but it's not bad. I use it for personal use and daycare.

I also use a Radio Flyer wagon for daycare & personal use. I use the wagon mainly in the winter time for daycare. It pulls through the snow beautifully! I can fit an almost 3 year old, a 2 year old, and a 21 month old in it w/snow gear on, but they are a bit snug. The Jeep Liberty also goes through the snow beautifully.

I have 2 different umbrella strollers...a cheap one and a Jeep one. I've noticed with both my kids that the Jeep one is narrow in the seat area. The cheap one is wider. The cheap one doesn't push as nicely though.

Comment

Does having three wheels vs. four wheels make a big difference on strollers? I see these a lot and just think they're funny looking. They are popular though.

Comment

I'm not sure how much of a difference there is. When I "test drove" the strollers in the store, the 3 wheels seemed to corner better. It has rubber wheels that you inflate with air, so I'm sure that makes a difference also.

Comment

The double stroller I used for my own kids was the Kolkraft Duo Tandem Stroller. It is a BEAST and heavy.......but it handles/drives much smoother, goes up & down curbs better, and holds a lot more in the basket than any other one I've had. I love how the seats can be changed to gace each other or both towards me so I could always change the kids around whenever. All depends on your needs.

So IF you don't need to squeeze it into a little trunk or be lifting it all the time, then it is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by ninosqueridos View Post
                    The double stroller I used for my own kids was the Kolkraft Duo Tandem Stroller. It is a BEAST and heavy.......but it handles/drives much smoother, goes up & down curbs better, and holds a lot more in the basket than any other one I've had. I love how the seats can be changed to gace each other or both towards me so I could always change the kids around whenever. All depends on your needs.

So IF you don't need to squeeze it into a little trunk or be lifting it all the time, then it is fantastic.
                    Ohhh, this one is very cute! I just googled in on the Target site, but it says minimum weight is 5 pounds and maximum weight is only 40 pounds. Is that 40 pounds total or 40 pounds per seat?

Comment

Working...
                    X