Adjusting Back After Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Back After Thanksgiving

Anyone else feeling like their dck kinda regressed over Thanksgiving?

My dcb1 (hates change, very clingy) was sick before Thanksgiving, so after a week gone, he is back to crying if anyone leaves the room.

DCB5mths was mad at being offered a bottle, and didn't seem to know how to relax into a nap.

I hope it goes better with the pm crowd!

My youngest dcb1 is whiney and irritable today. The girls are fine but if one of them looks at him wrong he’s crying. Only 4 of my 6 attend on Mondays.

Comment

My youngest, 11 months, cried a lot at nap times. You know, the whole "my world is ending" type of cries. But she came back walking, so it has been a cool day

Comment

it seems I am lucky one. My kids are doing well. 11 of 12 are here happyface

Comment

Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
          it seems I am lucky one. My kids are doing well. happyface
          Same here! happyface

But then again Tuesdays are my Mondays so if anyone asks tomorrow, I will more than likely have a different answer.

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
            she came back walking, so it has been a cool day

Yeah, the 16 mth old came back taking a few steps too. It's awesome to see them make progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
              Same here! happyface

But then again Tuesdays are my Mondays so if anyone asks tomorrow, I will more than likely have a different answer.
              Are you off on Mondays....?

Comment

Oh heck yeah!

But then I realized that even if I'd worked on Friday we'd still have Monday today so it was worth that day off.

Mondays are always hard - tomorrow will be a little better and Wednesday even better yet. By Friday they'll be back in the swing of things...

Comment

Originally posted by CityGarden View Post
                  Are you off on Mondays....?
                  Oh no.... I wish!

My kiddos all seem to come back in a weird funk on Mondays and are quiet and seemingly happy to be back.

Tuesdays they all seem to be whiney and ornery.

I think it takes all of Monday to remove the after affects of the weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
                    My youngest, 11 months, cried a lot at nap times. You know, the whole "my world is ending" type of cries. But she came back walking, so it has been a cool day
                    My infant came back doing "end of the world cries" for nap... BUT he took two solid naps instead of 3 iffy ones. happyface. My 14 month old forgot how to play or sleep without constant 1:1, I'm hoping we relearn quickly.

Comment

Screaming fits, not eating, not napping. . . and these are my good kids. ::

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                        Oh no.... I wish!

My kiddos all seem to come back in a weird funk on Mondays and are quiet and seemingly happy to be back.

Tuesdays they all seem to be whiney and ornery.

I think it takes all of Monday to remove the after affects of the weekend...
                        Actually I have children nap 30 minutes earlier every Monday because it seems they get no sleep on weekends, LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by CityGarden View Post
                          Actually I have children nap 30 minutes earlier every Monday because it seems they get no sleep on weekends, LOL!
                          I have a 3 year old that doesn’t nap at home at all. Mom says she just can’t get her down because her and her brother nap at different times and share a room. Idk mom they nap at the same time here no problem, although in separate rooms as the 1 year old cant be trusted in a toddler bed quite yet. Anyways said 3 year old is almost always the first one asleep.

One out sick today so still not everyone back from break together. Still only my newly 1 year old giving me problems. He popped a tooth sometime between 5PM last night when he left and 10AM this morning when I checked him and I feel another one that is so close to popping through. We are still cranky as heck today. On at least 10 different occasions I watched another child walk near him, not even touching him and the water works started. It’s whineypants city for him this week so far.

Comment

Working...
                          X