Interesting Article!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
    See, to me that sounds so good! But so against the 'traditional' way of doing things and the way kids years ago, were raised. Even now, when babies aren't started at 4 mo on solids, usually it's encouraged that they start by 6 mo or so. One of my current dcms was mildly concerned when her friend's baby was eating pizza at 9 mo and hers was still on pureed foods. Now her baby eats just about anything at 13 mo.
    Does anyone have a good article about holding off solids until closer to a year?
    My 4 mo's dcm, is a very careful smart eater, lots of veggies, etc. so I'm sure baby is getting quality breast milk, as opposed to a dcm who eats junk(which would've been me), etc. KWIM?
    Honestly I've heard both arguments...

I used to have a lot of parents that started solids as soon as possible. For many reasons. Some far fetched and others were just following what their mothers and their mother's mothers did.

Then there was this movement of baby led parenting where baby was the one to follow. Watch for signs of this and watch for signs of that. Then do X or Y depending.

Now it's all over the place. I've had parents on both sides.

So while I don't have any handouts or good print outs to share, I tend to simply follow whatever method the parent does (provided it doesn't go directly against any of my regulations for both licensing and/or CACFP)

I did do quick Google search and found articles that support every angle so... thanks for the help Google.

But the one place that seemed to have the most logical and useful information was the AAofP
    The goal of the HALF project is to develop and test a series of positive, family-focused messages specific to obesity prevention and care for the following developmental stages: infancy, toddlerhood, and early childhood/preschoolers.

Comment

Thanks BC, will check that out!

Comment

Working...
      X