No announcement yet.

Do You Charge Late Drop Off Fees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the bigger point you missed is a parent telling you that they pay you to sit there and look out the window until they show up. You are the business and they are your client. As a business you have expectations to be followed. I would have termed right then.

Comment

I don't charge a fee but I state in my contract that because we do a lot of off site activities I can't guarantee there will be anyone here after 9. If I know ahead of time I can plan accordingly. The first time DCP tries to drop off and we're at the farm store or the library usually gets the point across. They can either meet me where we are at or wait till we get back.

Comment

I don't charge a fee either but I do go about my day as normal. If the child arrives later, they arrive later.

I don't re-do or hold off on activities when someone is late.

If they are late they miss out.

If their drop off time is out of the norm and creates any kind of upheaval during the day I would call for pick up. For example if a child slept in and was dropped off later and then couldn't nap due to sleeping in... I'd call for pick up. One child is never allowed to disrupt everyone else's day.

I too, would have termed the one parent for their disrespectful comment....
        I don't provide services for families that have that take on child care.

Comment

Working...
        X