Daycare.com Migration to New Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daycare.com Migration to New Home

I've migrated the daycare.com forum and website to a new server. Please let me know if anyone has any issues. There is still a lot I need to test and your help would be invaluable.

Forum is working fine for me. If there's anything you want me to test tomorrow afternoon, let me know.
    Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
    They are also our future.

Comment

Mike, it's interesting that Daycare.com has propagated on my cell phone but it has yet to propagate on my Spectrum provider desktop.

The daily cron jobs are what I need to monitor. Everyone's daily use will reveal any problems. I hope members will post their issues here for me to investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Mike, it's interesting that Daycare.com has propagated on my cell phone but it has yet to propagate on my Spectrum provider desktop.
        I assume they are through 2 different ISPs. If they are the same ISP, it means your desktop is caching the DNS records. If that's the case, go to your command prompt and do "ipconfig /flushdns".

There are two ISP. I have been flushing DNS for several hours. It's just Spectrum takes longer than everyone else.

The daily cron jobs are what I need to monitor. Everyone's daily use will reveal any problems. I hope members will post their issues here for me to investigate.
        :confused: Do you want something else monitored besides the URL availability?
        Last edited by Michael; 09-17-2017, 07:52 PM.
        Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
        They are also our future.

Comment

Yes, there are two ISP. One from my cell phone and one for my home. I've been flashing DNS for several hours. Spectrum just takes longer than the rest.

Comment

Yes, there are two ISP. One from my cell phone and one for my home. I've been flashing DNS for several hours. Spectrum just takes longer than the rest.
            That explains my issue last night... I hate having Spectrum

Comment

I've migrated the daycare.com forum and website to a new server. Please let me know if anyone has any issues. There is still a lot I need to test and your help would be invaluable.
              I sent you a private message

Comment

Just fyi, I can only access the forum on and off today. About 2x out of the 20 I tried. From my phone anyway. I can only sit down with my laptop at nap, and it seems to be working okay from here.

Comment

Originally posted by midaycare View Post
                  Just fyi, I can only access the forum on and off today. About 2x out of the 20 I tried. From my phone anyway. I can only sit down with my laptop at nap, and it seems to be working okay from here.
                  Same here..... About 2 out of 5 attempts net me the server error page.

Sharlan messaged me and can't get on at all.

Comment

The site may still be propagating. Is it a page that says it is under maintanence or an error message? If it's an error message I need to know what it says.

Comment

[ATTACH]4275[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4275[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by sahm1225 View Post
                        I got this same message a few times today, all within 12-1PM central time. Got it when I tried to quote someone in another thread, got when I gave up on that and just tried to hit the post reply button. No other issues so far.

Comment

The site may still be propagating. Is it a page that says it is under maintanence or an error message? If it's an error message I need to know what it says.
                          The message SAHM1225 posted here as well but like I said only about 2 out of 5 attempts to refresh... otherwise everything else seems to be working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sahm1225 View Post
                            That is a database error. The forum is database driven. Did this notice come up when you tried to post? Since you can post now, it seems sporadic. I was having similar issues when the domain was switching between the old computer and new
                            one. This should be resolved by tomorrow.

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            The message SAHM1225 posted here as well but like I said only about 2 out of 5 attempts to refresh... otherwise everything else seems to be working fine.
                            The propagation seems to be settling down. ��

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                              Same here..... About 2 out of 5 attempts net me the server error page.

Sharlan messaged me and can't get on at all.
                              She may need to flush her cache on her computer. If she can run cmd.exe in order to get to her C: prompt she can run the command ipconfig /flushdns
                              Last edited by Michael; 09-18-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X