Question About Molluscum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Molluscum

My only experience with it is my youngest granddaughter. She got them in her diaper area as an infant, maybe 25 spots. No one else on either side of the family had them.

One dermatologist tried freezing them off but was so scared doing it that she barely tapped them with the Q-tip.

Second dermatologist used a curved blade, kind of like a spoon, and scooped them out. They never came back and didn't scare.

My question, do they not try to remove them anymore?

Our pediatrician said to just leave them. You can go to a dermatologist and get them removed. I personally wouldn't leave them. My son had a mild case (no more than 3 at a time), but the ones he did have didn't look like they were going away anytime soon. And more would always show up.. It started on his knee, then one on his back, and then it moved behind his knee.. We removed them ourselves with apple cider vinegar, but it really does a damage to the heathy skin around the molluscum, but they cleared up very quickly with this method (turned white and then black when dead). Blah... I couldn't believe when another one would pop up. And then there was the worry about my kids not sharing towels, baths.... I just wanted them gone!

Comment

Working...
    X