Question for Nebraska Providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Nebraska Providers

Hello! I'm a provider located in Kansas. My little brother who moved to Nebraska not long ago recently had his first child. We were talking about the home daycare he would be using and I asked if he got all his paperwork filled out and what all it required. I was curious the difference between states. The conversation went like this..

Brother: No. what paperwork?
    Me: You know...like enrollment paperwork. Child/parent information forms, health history, immunization records, etc.
    Brother: We didn't get anything like that.
    Me: Is she licensed?
    Brother: She said she is.
    Me: But did you see an actual license.
    Brother: No

So like I mentioned I'm not familiar with regulations in Nebraska but this sounds fishy to me? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you in advance!

Originally posted by NiNi.R. View Post
    Hello! I'm a provider located in Kansas. My little brother who moved to Nebraska not long ago recently had his first child. We were talking about the home daycare he would be using and I asked if he got all his paperwork filled out and what all it required. I was curious the difference between states. The conversation went like this..

Brother: No. what paperwork?
    Me: You know...like enrollment paperwork. Child/parent information forms, health history, immunization records, etc.
    Brother: We didn't get anything like that.
    Me: Is she licensed?
    Brother: She said she is.
    Me: But did you see an actual license.
    Brother: No

So like I mentioned I'm not familiar with regulations in Nebraska but this sounds fishy to me? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you in advance!
    He should only have to call licensing and ask if she is licensed. It's not that uncommon for someone to lie about it. In my state, you can just search that info online on the DSS website

Comment

Comment

Here is Daycare. com's link to Nebraska info too:
        Learn how to start a daycare in Nebraska and meet DHHS requirements. Get expert advice and resources at Daycare.com for providers.

Comment

Thanks! It's no surprise that they found she is not licensed.

Comment

Originally posted by NiNi.R. View Post
            Thanks! It's no surprise that they found she is not licensed.
            Glad you were able to find out! There are MANY GREAT providers who are unlicensed, but the ones who lie about are DEFINITELY ones to stay away from!

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
              Glad you were able to find out! There are MANY GREAT providers who are unlicensed, but the ones who lie about are DEFINITELY ones to stay away from!
              That's exactly what I said when he mentioned maybe she doesn't have to have one because she only watches a few kids.

Comment

Working...
              X