Is Biting Related To Teething?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
    I had a kid who bit while she was contained in a Pack and Play! The other kid would intentionally offer his arm for her to bite.
    You've just summed up children.

Comment

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
      You've just summed up children.

:::: The "victim's" father was extremely upset about the biting. I only see dad once or twice a week. I was telling him about how it was happening (that his son initiated the bite at least 3/4 of the time), and I could see that Dad was NOT buying my story at all. At the very moment that we were discussing it, his son walked over to Jaws (in her pack and play) and put his arm out and told her "bite?". Dad flipped out! "DON'T DO THAT! WHYYYYY WOULD YOU ASK HER TO BITE YOU! BITING HURTS! NOOOOOO!".

Dad was much more understanding after that. I gave it a few more weeks, but I just couldn't stop the biting-they were BOTH so sneaky about it. She did have issues with aggressive biting, as well, and she was having serious temper issues (all the kids in her family have a diagnosis of "emotional disturbance") and nothing could calm her from a tantrum but time.

The weirdest thing was that these 2 kids were in love with each other. They spent all their daycare time with one another, and though they were both 2, they told their parents that they were each others' boyfriend/girlfriend. I guess their love was a volatile one!

Comment

Ok

My son bit someone again yesterday. I am trying very hard not to get defensive/blame. I learned that the child who was bit had come from behind my son and reached over his shoulder to try to take the toy he was playing with.

Reason for biting: Toys/Personal Space

It was not only biting yesterday. Yesterday and today he has been "on one" and in a bad mood, being defiant and a real turd. I felt pretty guilty dropping him at daycare this morning. He had already hit one of his friends when I was stocking his cubby.

Teething is in full force, his upper molars are coming in.

Comment

Working...
        X