Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCB Has A Rash On Arm All Week

Should I be concerned?
    DCM pointed it out on Monday. She said she had not been able to figure out what it was from since nothing had changed and no new foods were introduced. Then he went home early with a low-grade fever 99.5 and not feeling well. The next day he was eating better and played more.
    Yesterday, he napped more but he was the only one, so it was quite in the house.
    Today, he has no fever, the rash is still there but he is back to not wanting to eat. He wants to be held again to day. Normal naps.
    Dcm keeps blaming, you guessed it ....... TEETHING
    Attached Files

Originally posted by 284878 View Post
    Should I be concerned?
    DCM pointed it out on Monday. She said she had not been able to figure out what it was from since nothing had changed and no new foods were introduced. Then he went home early with a low-grade fever 99.5 and not feeling well. The next day he was eating better and played more.
    Yesterday, he napped more but he was the only one, so it was quite in the house.
    Today, he has no fever, the rash is still there but he is back to not wanting to eat. He wants to be held again to day. Normal naps.
    Dcm keeps blaming, you guessed it ....... TEETHING
    I'd exclude.

I highly doubt it's teething. ::

It looks like Hand, Foot and Mouth or maybe Molluscum...both of which are viral and both are highly contagious.

Comment

Thank you, I was trying to do some research and Molluscum is what I was coming up with. The rash did not seem to match HFM descriptions and has symptom seem to match Molluscum. DCM should be here with in the hour.

This is what MI communicable diseases handbook says about Mononucleosis:

Mode of Spread - Person-to-person via saliva

Symptoms - Fever, sore throat, fatigue, swollen lymph
      nodes, enlarged spleen

Incubation period -30-50 days

Contagious - Prolonged, possibly longer than 1 year

Contracts - Do not share personal items

Exclude - Exclude until able to tolerate activity; exclude from contact sports until recovered

Comment

That was awkward. DCD picked up and he is a nurse. Hopefully, they get him checked out.

Comment

DCM texted, dr says it is not Molluscum but that it is possibly dry skin or heat rash. DCM is going to put DCB in long sleeve onesies.

It just does not make sense that one would cover heat rash or dry skin up. It is sometimes 90 degrees and up when we go outside.

Comment

DCM texted, dr says it is not Molluscum but that it is possibly dry skin or heat rash. DCM is going to put DCB in long sleeve onesies.

It just does not make sense that one would cover heat rash or dry skin up. It is sometimes 90 degrees and up when we go outside.
            They want to keep it covered, because they likely know what it is and it's contagious.

It looks like Molluscum to me.
            It could be a form of eczema (like dyshidrotic eczema). But, those blisters are usually clustered together.

Comment

Did she provide an actual Dr's diagnosis?

If not, I bet she's not telling you the truth.
              At least not the whole truth.

It does not look like heat rash and I have a child here that has eczema like Snowmom mentioned and yes, the bumps/blisters are clustered and not so Molluscum looking.

Comment

Thank you, I was trying to do some research and Molluscum is what I was coming up with. The rash did not seem to match HFM descriptions and has symptom seem to match Molluscum. DCM should be here with in the hour.

This is what MI communicable diseases handbook says about Mononucleosis:

Mode of Spread - Person-to-person via saliva

Symptoms - Fever, sore throat, fatigue, swollen lymph
                nodes, enlarged spleen

Incubation period -30-50 days

Contagious - Prolonged, possibly longer than 1 year

Contracts - Do not share personal items

Exclude - Exclude until able to tolerate activity; exclude from contact sports until recovered
                Sorry, but idk if you realized that was maybe a typo, or you actually looked up info for mononucleosis instead of molluscum...? Just a heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by CalCare View Post
                  Sorry, but idk if you realized that was maybe a typo, or you actually looked up info for mononucleosis instead of molluscum...? Just a heads up!
                  Typo, my computer kept saying molluscum was an incorrect spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

It does not look like heat rash and I have a child here that has eczema like Snowmom mentioned and yes, the bumps/blisters are clustered and not so Molluscum looking.
                    No just a text, since I am closed today.
                    It does not look like heat rash to me either. I am not sure what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

I agree. I'd ask for a written diagnosis from the doctor (NOT a return to daycare release) and written care instructions. I can tell you for sure, that's NOT from dry skin, & I TRULY doubt it's from heat (I've never seen a heat rash like that!).

Comment

Doing some searching, I just found this type of heat rash.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Doing some searching, I just found this type of heat rash.
                          Googling images though appear much different

Comment

I would definitely request a doctors note. If a child has heat rash, why would you put him in a long sleeve onesie???!! That just doesn't make sense at all. I have kiddos with very sensitive skin and their heat rash does look like regular bumps. They don't itch and they act normal, not like their fighting a cold.

Comment

I would require the dr's note.

NO WAY would you COVER heat rash, of any kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X