Christmas 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas 2017

I am not sure if anyone has posted about this for 2017 yet. If so I couldn't find it.
    In my contract I close (paid) Christmas Eve and Christ day as well as New Year's Eve and Day. If on weekend it's Friday or Monday except for Christmas Day I always close on the Monday even if it's on Saturday. Well this year Christmas Eve is on Sunday and Christmas Day on Monday. Same for New Year's Eve/Day.
    What should I do?
    What are you guys doing?
    Thanks in advance.

I also take Christmas Eve and Day, New Year's Eve and Day all as paid holidays. Last year when they both fell on holidays, I took a 4 day weekend for Christmas and worked my normal days around New Year's.

I haven't decided for sure, but I'll probably just do the 3 day weekends this year. It will depend a bit on when my in-laws do the Christmas celebrations.

Comment

Originally posted by MissJ View Post
      I am not sure if anyone has posted about this for 2017 yet. If so I couldn't find it.
      In my contract I close (paid) Christmas Eve and Christ day as well as New Year's Eve and Day. If on weekend it's Friday or Monday except for Christmas Day I always close on the Monday even if it's on Saturday. Well this year Christmas Eve is on Sunday and Christmas Day on Monday. Same for New Year's Eve/Day.
      What should I do?
      What are you guys doing?
      Thanks in advance.
      I just close the week in between Christmas and New Years. It's easiest....

I have no idea how providers that observe weekend holidays adjust for weekdays. Personally I think you should the Friday before off as well as Monday (Christmas Day) and that way you will have a nice long weekend to enjoy!

Do something similar for New Years... Close Monday (New Year's Day) AND maybe consider taking Tuesday after or the Friday before off.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

I have no idea how providers that observe weekend holidays adjust for weekdays. Personally I think you should the Friday before off as well as Monday (Christmas Day) and that way you will have a nice long weekend to enjoy!

Do something similar for New Years... Close Monday (New Year's Day) AND maybe consider taking Tuesday after or the Friday before off.
        Dec. 21 - Jan 3 for me WITH PAY! happyface

Comment

Personally I think you should the Friday before off as well as Monday (Christmas Day) and that way you will have a nice long weekend to enjoy!

I closely follow the local school district calendar and have 2 weeks off for Christmas and New Year.

This year that is Monday, December 25, 2017 to Friday, January 5, 2018. I also have Friday the 22nd as a 1/2 day.

I am not sure how providers do the weekend holiday thing but BC's suggestion sounds better than the alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by CityGarden View Post
            I closely follow the local school district calendar and have 2 weeks off for Christmas and New Year.

This year that is Monday, December 25, 2017 to Friday, January 5, 2018. I also have Friday the 22nd as a 1/2 day.

I am not sure how providers do the weekend holiday thing but BC's suggestion sounds better than the alternatives.
            I follow school calendar as well with the exception of summer! Took me a LONG time to get there but I started this when my own entered school!

Comment

ME too, the whole week between Christmas & NYD... most my families take winter vacation this week anyway & it's really the only time I can see family up north because they have off.

Comment

I take the week off inbetween Christmas and New Years. Last year I gave parents one day of that week as a credit, that they didn't have to pay me for. This year? Depends on my mood.

Comment

I take both Christmas day (25) and boxing day (26) off and close by 12pm on Christmas eve. The first two days are Stat days where i am so I do make up days for them if they fall on the weekend. As for Christmas eve I won't bother doing a make up day for it cause the reason behind it is so I can get ready for celebrating at my in laws that evening.
                  As for new years day (1st) ill be closed as well for the holiday. I don't close early or anything on new year eve so I don't have to worry about that.

Comment

I'm closed Dec. 18-Jan. 1 paid.

I think I would take the day after Christmas if I were in your shoes.

Comment

I'm closed Dec. 18-Jan. 1 paid.

I think I would take the day after Christmas if I were in your shoes.

Comment

My 2 dds fly in for the holidays and stay here so I'm probably going to close that week between Christmas and reopen Jan. 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Annalee View Post
                          I follow school calendar as well with the exception of summer! Took me a LONG time to get there but I started this when my own entered school!
                          Fall and spring breaks too? All paid? Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by MissAnn View Post
                            Fall and spring breaks too? All paid? Awesome!
                            I take two days ( Thurs and Fri) for Fall Break.

Comment

We are closed Thursday and Friday week of thanksgiving paid.
                              I am taking my second week vacation between Christmas and new year's. Taking my kids and niece to Disney. We leave Christmas night.

Comment

Working...
                              X