Cough Cough Cough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cough Cough Cough

Not too sure what is going on around here, I have a DC full of sick kids.. From vomiting to constant coughing.

Wondering if I should send home my only little one who is 19 months. DCG has horrible constant cough, runny nose (no Fever) and is not able to properly cover her mouth and refuses hand washing. She is coughing in all of the other kids faces and they are crying about it.. I normally dont send home for cough, but I think that I should...

would you send DCG home?

I personally would not, but have her play away from the other kids. I hope she doesn't end up getting the others sick.

Comment

she already got my son sick. so this is not a new cold. she came last week was the same way. My weekend turned out sitting in the urgent care waiting to see the doc. My son has tubes in his ears, so he ended up with her cold and ear infection adn sky high fever. However lucky for us it was over the weekend so It did not affect DC...... I guess this why I wanted to ask because I would just hate it if she got anyone else here sick.

Thanks for your input

Comment

Oh, I didn't realize. I am sorry. Maybe talk to mom at pick up with your concerns and see if she volunteers to keep her home tomorrow?

Comment

I would def mention to mom that maybe it's time for a doctors visit! This has been going on way too long....I have the same prob here-my dck's bring in the sickness because their parents dont want to take off work to take them to the dr-they just want it to pass. Then who ends up sick-my kid! And me being the first one to go to the dr-it's like mine is the one who started it!!! Nothing bothers me more than the kids who have cough/runny nose for weeks!! It's one of my biggest peeves!!!

Comment

I agree, I know it's always a tough call but I think that's what separates home vs. Centers...In a center you have to have a fever etc...at home if I have a child that I know is contaminating the whole house including my family we can use our discretion to have the child picked up. My 1 yr old was like this last week and I was going crazy with the coughing and sneezing bleh....I managed to keep it under control and she went on to the doctor to find out she had croup...she didn't start running a fever until she got there (to the doc) and he said that is when they are most contagious...

Comment

If chronic cough was causing vomiting YES I would send home and tell Mom that her child can not return until she sees the doctor and you have a doctors note. Sickness ran crazy threw my house last week on last Saturday Son had fever and vomiting, then my little girl got sick with coughing where she was vomiting, runny nose,and fever I took her to doctors she had broncitis and ear infection, then daycare boy got fever, coughing, and runny nose he got sent home he had flu, now other daycare boy has fever Mom is taking him to doctors today Im sure he has flu too. The sickness is going around Im also sending out email today of reminder of sick policy and how it will be enforced for the safety and health of the other children in daycare.

Comment

If she was constantly coughing in my care, I would send her home. Excessive coughing is in my contract. But, if it's not truly constant, I would separate her from all the other kids. If she can't cover her mouth, she can't play around other kids. Period.

Comment

Coughs

I send kids with coughs home when they are mobile and unable to cover their coughs for sure. I always send kids with coughs home if it affects eating or sleeping. If it's an older kid or a baby who can't move around then I would be a little more willing to let them stay as long as there are no other symptoms with the cough and as long as the cough isn't a bad one.

Comment

Working...
                  X