You Brought WHAT Into My Home!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Brought WHAT Into My Home!?!?

I am livid!!! Went to get a diaper out of a bag for an (almost) 3 y.o. Felt a crackling in side zipper pocket and unzipped it to find a ziploc with 8 tiny pills inbit. Because my son is a pharmacist, it was easy to have them identified as a prescription pain killer Tramadol. I have a termination letter printed off and I am trying to calm myself before her 2:00 pick up. BTW, this mom has a felony conviction already on her record for trying to smuggle contraband into a Federal Prison for her BF. Ugh! The people you encounter in this World!

Originally posted by Poptarts22 View Post
    I am livid!!! Went to get a diaper out of a bag for an (almost) 3 y.o. Felt a crackling in side zipper pocket and unzipped it to find a ziploc with 8 tiny pills inbit. Because my son is a pharmacist, it was easy to have them identified as a prescription pain killer Tramadol. I have a termination letter printed off and I am trying to calm myself before her 2:00 pick up. BTW, this mom has a felony conviction already on her record for trying to smuggle contraband into a Federal Prison for her BF. Ugh! The people you encounter in this World!

So glad you found it and not some little hands! I clean to calm down, so scrub the sink and hopefully you will feel better before she comes! :hug:

Comment

Glad you found it before a child did!

I strongly discourage parents from bringing bags because I don't have time to check through them, and I have everything the child needs so they really don't need a bag anyway.

Comment

OMG, that's horrible. I can't believe someone would bring something like that in your daycare home, let alone have it around their own kids.

Comment

One found used needles in a carseat.

NOTHING comes in my house except clothes (that I wash)

Comment

This type of thing is why many daycares have a "no diaper bags or car seats allowed" policy.

Sadly, this wont be the last time this happens in a daycare, across the country, this hour.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
              One found used needles in a carseat.

NOTHING comes in my house except clothes (that I wash)
              ... I only ask for clothes to be changed out each season or when it's obvious a babe has outgrown the current items. No diaper bags, carseats NADA

Comment

Horrifying! Is it really do hard to be a good parent? My goodness! Sorry you had to deal with this!

Comment

That is horrible!!! So glad you found them. I would rip her a new one. Wow!

Comment

Are you going to report?
                    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

OMG! This job reveals so much you just never would expect to encounter. I wonder should you advise DPSS in case of possible child abuse?

Comment

Originally posted by thrivingchildcarecom View Post
                        I wonder should you advise DPSS in case of possible child abuse?
                        IMHO, This would be illegal possession of a controlled substance by a known felon. http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3719

Comment

I'm struggling with the "no car seats" right now because I have two families that only own one car seat and, in each family, Dad works an early schedule so he can't drop off, and Mom works a late schedule so she can't pick up.

I trust both families--one's a school teacher and the other's a police officer--but right now I'm hiding their car seats in a back bedroom so the third family with an infant doesn't see I'm not universally enforcing my policy.

Whaddoi do?

Note: I do this because 1. My daughter has food allergies, and 2. Somebody dropped off a bag with a bloody tampon applicator in it and I grabbed it while fishing for a clean shirt.

Comment

I don't know how mandatory reporting works in your state, but here I'm only required to report drugs if they're involved in the abuse or neglect of a child. You don't just report every crime committed by people who have children.

I terminated care for a family when I was sitting from their home and they left drug paraphernalia out in reach of the kids. But I didn't report them, because if I were to report every person who smoked pot, spanked their kids, and insufficiently babyproofed their home and yard, I'd have to report like half the parents on Earth.

So it's up to you to decide whether leaving potentially lethal (I Googled it and apparently Tramadol's dangerous but not as dangerous as many other painkillers) drugs in your home falls under mandatory reporting (I probably would report it, or at least call my licensing agent and ask for advice), and if it doesn't, whether you want to report them anyway.

Comment

I don't know....

If I felt crackling in a side zipper pouch I personally wouldn't have going rummaging around in someone else's bag.

I also wouldn't have involved my son. Pharmacist or not.

Were you aware of the DCM's prior conviction for trying to smuggle drugs in to a prison? If so, the first thing I would have done is bag ALL bags, container etc from this parent.

I also think that if it's that serious, why are you even taking the time to write a term letter and then waiting until pick up?? You should be calling to police immediately and letting them deal with her.

Aside from the pills not being in a prescription pill bottle, I am wondering if perhaps they are legally prescribed to the mom.

Depending....this is also a common med to treat moderate to on-going pain...one of my DCM's takes it for Rheumatoid Arthritis

Comment

Working...
                              X