No announcement yet.

Birthdays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am licensed for 16 kids at any given time. I have 19 enrolled at the moment, due to sharing spots.

Nineteen birthday parties/presents etc. would be waaay too much...so I don't do anything more than having the kids sing Happy Birthday and serving whatever treat the PARENT brings (I give them a list of acceptable items) after we have lunch.

I still get invited to the kids parties, but just tell the parents that as I cannot attend every party...I don't attend any of them. It's the fairest for the kids and the easiest for me!

Comment

I do gifts. Last I checked, $50 per year per child is deductible for gifts. I haven't updated to see if it's gone up or not because I don't come close to that, but it's a valid business expense.

I tend to do a theme at Christmas, and a craft kit or book for birthdays.

Comment

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
        I do gifts. Last I checked, $50 per year per child is deductible for gifts. I haven't updated to see if it's gone up or not because I don't come close to that, but it's a valid business expense.

I tend to do a theme at Christmas, and a craft kit or book for birthdays.
        Hmm, where did you find the info about $50 per year per person?

The last info I came across says "IRS rules say that you can deduct gifts as a business expense up to $25 per person per year."

Just wanting to make sure....

Comment

Ha, thank you. Maybe I was doing $50 per year per family. Still comes out to less than $25 per kid though. My gift target is generally around $10 per gift. Parent/family gifts are always things that the kids made so that comes out of my craft budget.

Comment

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
            Ha, thank you. Maybe I was doing $50 per year per family. Still comes out to less than $25 per kid though. My gift target is generally around $10 per gift. Parent/family gifts are always things that the kids made so that comes out of my craft budget.
            Good to know! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it wrong or missed something..

Comment

Working...
            X