No announcement yet.

Drinks All Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can't walk around with cups here, but are welcome to ask for water at any point and drink it in the kitchen. No juice here ever unless I have an excess of fruit and we have a special day where we make juice. (Once every few months. My children go through too much fruit to have excess.)

Comment

I used to let kids have them wherever but then it would be a sippy cup scavenger hunt at pick up. So I now provide sippy cups (the 360 degree spout kind) and each child is assigned a color and I have 2 of each. I limit drinks to snacks, meals, and immediately after we come in from outside. All of them sit at the table and drink. I love it this way.

Comment

regulations require access to water at all times

But I don't allow them to wander with them. Their cup stays on the counter and they stand right there to take a drink.

Comment

I do the same. I have a ton of little cups. I got them from IKEA, I think. They've lasted me over 3 years so far.

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          My DCK's don't even get sippy cups or water bottles at all.

I use regular cups with no lids for all ages.
          Children are free to ask for a drink of water (no other options) any time during the day that they need one.

Other wise, it's milk at meal/snack time and periodic group water breaks through out the day.

I do not serve juice at any time for any reason.

We use child sized cups that are easy to manage for all ages. None are designated to any one person.

Comment

I do water when we come in from outside. Any other time it's available for DCKs ask for. I don't do sippy cups either anymore.

Comment

We do only open cups, all ages. The dcks ask for water if the want, I give them a Dixie cup, and they stand by sink until done and throw it away. We have milk and water at lunch and snacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kia View Post
                I'm going to limit drinks to 3 a day. Good choice?
                I like children having access to water all day. We do water in open sturdy glasses at the table and we take water bottles to the park. Sometimes I am lazy and will allow them to use their water bottles inside but I try not to do that.

Where I live it is quite hot most of the year and I would rather they have too much water than risk dehydration.

Comment

As much water as they want. But must be in the kitchen only and from an open cup. No sippies.

Comment

Don't shun me but I use sippies. Each kid has a milk cup for meals and a water cup that I fill up each morning and they sip on through out. They get used to taking them outside with them each day. If I have any older kids they get open cups. I don't serve juice ever. I always thought kids don't get enough water on a daily basis.
                    Deb

Comment

I use sippies. Every child has their own color and I have two of each. I fill them throughout the day and we have a black tote bin we keep them in to take from place to place. They can have a drink right next to the tote and back in their cup goes. The only time the sippies are out of the tote is during meals.

Comment

I wouldn't limit access to water. What I do is require that water cups stay on the dining table but allow them to go get a drink whenever they want one. That way there is no question about whether they are getting enough to drink but the cups aren't being dragged all over the playroom and dripping or spilling on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by renodeb View Post
                          Don't shun me but I use sippies. Each kid has a milk cup for meals and a water cup that I fill up each morning and they sip on through out. They get used to taking them outside with them each day. If I have any older kids they get open cups. I don't serve juice ever. I always thought kids don't get enough water on a daily basis.
                          Deb
                          I use sippies as well for children who are not yet school-aged. I experimented with having regular kid-sized cups outside and the water was being purposely poured out or stuff (rocks, toys, etc) and hands were going into the cups of water making them undrinkable. Lasted two days until I called it quits and went back to sippies indoors and out.

Comment

we have a bubler but the kids still can ask for water when there in the classroom and its disposable cups (the 3 and up classroom has a bubler) and we take water bottles outside but there is no carrying cups around

Comment

Working...
                            X