Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
    Ugh. Guess is back to checks and cash.
    IIRC, they had once said that those who signed up early (when the app was still new) would never be charged and that it would always be free.

Guess they aren't going to be honoring that as appreciation for those programs that were willing to give them a shot and help them grow.

I deleted the app from my iPad/iPhone this morning and won't be "sharing" with fellow providers any more.

Comment

I found out about Brightwheel here, while I was getting use to the forum. I did a little research and also contacted them. They said there will always be a free version with limited functions.

I decided to go ahead and use the free version. My Parents love it so far. The features that come with the free version are working for me so far. Since signing up last week, I have the premium version for 30 days. I've found it a liittle confusing as to what's free and what premium. I may change my mind once they turn off the premium version. 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Laurie View Post
        I found out about Brightwheel here, while I was getting use to the forum. I did a little research and also contacted them. They said there will always be a free version with limited functions.

I decided to go ahead and use the free version. My Parents love it so far. The features that come with the free version are working for me so far. Since signing up last week, I have the premium version for 30 days. I've found it a liittle confusing as to what's free and what premium. I may change my mind once they turn off the premium version. 😂😂
        I shared that question. I don't totally get what will and won't be free. I think the free version will be perfect for updates, but I'm interested in how parents will feel about the billing charge (I'm requiring them to cover that).

Comment

I've got one parent on Venmo and all the others prefer personal checks--most of them run their own businesses and use their checkbook to track expenses. So they're all perfectly happy with just the free Brightwheel service.

Comment

I'm not going to require parents to pay through brightwheel. I'm sure they would complain about the charge! Most of my parents pay directly through their banks and it goes straight to my bank account. WellsFargo calls it surepay and they don't charge to use it. I'm not sure what Chase calls it, but most banks offer this service now. With Brightwheel, we need to manually check that they've paid and a receipt will be sent to them.

I'm also not completely sure what services are free or premium. So far, everything I'm needing is available in the free version.

Comment

Working...
            X