I Have *GOT* To Declutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have *GOT* To Declutter

And this is why. I went searching for my collections of Easter eggs. Two hours this morning. I have a bunch of them. I do this every freakin' year. Visit the $$$ store and see all those plastic eggs, think about picking some of them up but then remember I have a couple bags of them....somewhere. Plus I made a bunch into different noisemakers and they are...somewhere too. :confused: All I can figure is they became invisible.::

I was that way, then I did a huge overhaul. Now I find myself procrastinating getting things down because I don't want to have to put it back up, again.

First world problems. ::
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
      I was that way, then I did a huge overhaul. Now I find myself procrastinating getting things down because I don't want to have to put it back up, again.

First world problems. ::

This is me! I *could* get the tote with easter items down, do an inventory, make up some craft ideas, and then put it all away... OR I would just take it down good Friday and wing it.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
        This is me! I *could* get the tote with easter items down, do an inventory, make up some craft ideas, and then put it all away... OR I would just take it down good Friday and wing it.
        :::: Or just grab some some easy foam crafts from the dollar store and skip the ladder entirely?

Ah, holiday crafts.
        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
          :::: Or just grab some some easy foam crafts from the dollar store and skip the ladder entirely?

Ah, holiday crafts.
          great idea! ::

Comment

now, can you find my boats? The kids have been playing pirate a lot lately so I thought I would get out boats. I have a couple awesome repurposed bathtub boats that I put out.... can't find the tote. Yeah. I need to reorganize my closet. This winter has played a little chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
              ....or I could just close both Good Friday and the MOnday after Easter and call it good.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                ....or I could just close both Good Friday and the MOnday after Easter and call it good.
                I took a LOT of time off this year (both paid and unpaid). Already have those days off, but I still will do Easter things with them because it's expected, which stinks but it's true.

Comment

I keep all my decorations in a separate "cluttered" area. So at least I know which pile of things I need to look through.

I'm terrible for buying things and then forgetting to use them. I am no longer a dollar store shopper for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                    That's what I do! ::

I love decluttering, I just don't have time for it. We moved every year our first 11 years of marriage and even though it was a major PITB it kept us from accumulating too much junk.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyKidsCo View Post
                      That's what I do! ::

I love decluttering, I just don't have time for it. We moved every year our first 11 years of marriage and even though it was a major PITB it kept us from accumulating too much junk.
                      Woot woot! I can't wait for me my 4 day weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                        And this is why. I went searching for my collections of Easter eggs. Two hours this morning. I have a bunch of them. I do this every freakin' year. Visit the $$$ store and see all those plastic eggs, think about picking some of them up but then remember I have a couple bags of them....somewhere. Plus I made a bunch into different noisemakers and they are...somewhere too. :confused: All I can figure is they became invisible.::
                        Once you fine them, you might want to sell them. Do you have any idea how valuable invisible items can be? ::
                        Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
                        They are also our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Once you fine them, you might want to sell them. Do you have any idea how valuable invisible items can be? ::
                          Especially through ebay, they'll buy anything. Now if I could find them and one of them looks like Trump or Madonna or something. Hey, I'm sure I could convince someone this here invisible plastic egg has Trump's hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                            Especially through ebay, they'll buy anything. Now if I could find them and one of them looks like Trump or Madonna or something. Hey, I'm sure I could convince someone this here invisible plastic egg has Trump's hair.
                            Some people actually fall for things like dream property. Just send us $100 and we will get the sale going. :: Many years back, my parents did. Got sucked into a fake deal for a few thousand.
                            Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
                            They are also our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Some people actually fall for things like dream property. Just send us $100 and we will get the sale going. :: Many years back, my parents did. Got sucked into a fake deal for a few thousand.
                              Oh no, I'm sorry that happened to them. Not only was money taken but I bet a little self-respect and a lot of trust for others went too. I recently 'fell' for something I knew better not to do but panicked and wasn't thinking straight. Made a snap decision but then looked up online and knew I'd been a victim of scammers. Makes ya more mad at yourself for taking the bait.....

Comment

Working...
                              X