Valentine's Day Ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day Ideas...

What do you usually do for valentines day? Do you have the children pass out cards? Are there crafts that you usually do or do you bake cookies??

Here's what I'm planning so far...

The week before will be a friendship week. We'll make friendship soup and have the kids bring in one veggie to contribute (we might read stone soup and use that as the basis for our soup...).

I found these valentine bracelets that might be kind of fun (and really easy and cheap, which is just as important):

I think we'll probably bake and decorate valentine's cookies.

I have some old cards that we are going to draw in and send in the mail to our families.

What are you doing??

Last edited by Michael; 02-10-2011, 10:27 AM.

I was just thinking about this, so I would love to see what everyone else is doing..

We are doing Heart & Love week... so we are doing lots of little crafts about love.. Then I wanted to do something about the heart (my assistant's 5 yr son has a heart defect, so I wanted to do something about foods that are good for your heart)

One of my DCMs is going to bake cupcakes, so I figured we would all make valentines cards that day (and probably the week before too)

Comment

My kiddos are mostly under 2, so our activities are usually REALLY simple. My 3 yo DD is really loving those foam stickers right now, and I found a bunch of Valentiney ones in Target's $1 section. I'm going to fold red or pink construction paper into a card (and might walk the oldest two through cutting it into a heart) and then let them use the stickers to make "valentine's" for the parents. We'll probably bake heart-shaped cookies and frost them/decorate them with Valentiney sprinkles (also from Target's $1 section), make red playdough (and put glitter in it) and play with heart-shaped cookie cutters
      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Here is a post from last year regarding Valentine's Day Ideas: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25884

Comment

I posted in the other thread too... I really like this website, there are a lot of great ideas for all ages.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemonkeys View Post
            I posted in the other thread too... I really like this website, there are a lot of great ideas for all ages.

http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/c...valentines-day
            I l♥ve that website too! I use it all of the time!

Comment

i recommended this for christmas, but it's great for valentine's day too...

wrap a small box with valentine paper and attach a poem (there are different versions you can find online) but it goes something like:

a box never to be opened
              a ribbon not to be untied
              just a simple little box
              that holds all my love inside!

or

This is a very special gift
              That you can never see
              The reason that it's special
              It's just for you from me
              Whenever you are lonely
              Or when you're feeling blue
              You only have to hold this
              gift and know I think of you
              You never can unwrap it
              Please leave the ribbon tied
              Just hold this box close to your heart
              It's filled with love inside

like i said there are many versions - i think it's such a sweet gift for parents and very cheap!

Comment

I recommended these in the last thread....I wonder if parents would think we were crazy?!? Of course I would NEVER but they are funny!!!

Comment

I LOVE the cookies!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                    I recommended these in the last thread....I wonder if parents would think we were crazy?!? Of course I would NEVER but they are funny!!!

http://scottys-place.blogspot.com/20...b-cookies.html
                    OMG - that's funny!

Comment

Here is a really cute blog of an online friend of mine's. http://learncreatelove.com/

Comment

I love Family Fun!! There is a really cute idea I'm thinking of doing for my kids for their parents...

Comment

Originally posted by KEG123 View Post
                          Here is a really cute blog of an online friend of mine's. http://learncreatelove.com/
                          I think I know you from another forum!!

Comment

Another idea I came up with--tearing red and pink construction paper into little pieces (the tearing is a good fine motor skill to learn/practice) and gluing it onto something (maybe a paper plate cut into a heart shape) using watered down glue and a paintbrush (more good fine motor skills) for the bigger ones or a grown up spreading the glue for littlers. Then attaching a photo of the child into the middle of the plate and hanging it up.
                            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

We have started our valentine paper plate holders. I took (cheep paper plates) and glued 2 of them together, then took 1 and cut it in half and glued those 2 together, then I glued the half to the other paper plate. Now we have a plate with a pocket. Then I cut out all different shapes of hearts in different colors of pink, red & purple. Then I let the children glue on hearts all over. Then I found some shiny hearts at big lots and today we will glue those on. Add a pretty ribbon to the top (punch hole) for hanging. Then the children can place their valentines in the pouch. This is simple and my 19mts has been having fun with it too!

Comment

Working...
                              X