Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Enforce A $55.00 Late Pick Up Fee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crunchymom04 View Post
    Thank you, I have never had to enforce such a high fee before, I have enforced this policy (not with this family) before, I as a parent would be shocked but I am going to enforce it, if they decide to leave I have 2 weeks of pay to find another family! I think I just needed to be reassured that I was doing what needs to be done and not being crazy.
    Why have rules is your not going to enforce them? Yes charge it or they will do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
      Why have rules is your not going to enforce them? Yes charge it or they will do it again.
      Oops sorry I didn't mean to quote you. I meant to respond to the OP. sorry about that

Comment

And then I did that. Omg. Having an off day. Sorry everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
          And then I did that. Omg. Having an off day. Sorry everyone.
          We all have our off days. ::
          Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
          They are also our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
            That's hilarious. How do you protect yourself? Insured to transport and the parents sign a contract that includes permission to transport the kids?

Other ideas, much worse than yours:

"At 5:30, the day care turns into a nightclub. Any children left in my care should be picked up from the drunk tank at the county jail."

"At 5:30, I begin indoctrinating any children left in my care into the Liturgy of the Hours. They will learn to wake at 9pm, midnight, and 3am each night, come stand next to your bed, and chant ecclesiastical Latin."
            I don't need permission to transport, but I have all parents sign a transport release, anyway. I also don't require extra insurance to transport kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
              I don't need permission to transport, but I have all parents sign a transport release, anyway. I also don't require extra insurance to transport kids.
              You are lucky there...

We have to have extra insurance, specific training AND parent permission to transport but....

We are also required to submit our "business hours" so even if a parent didn't show up to pick up at the end of the day, I couldn't take a child with me (even if I had ALL the trainings etc) becuase it would be outside my business hours...

My late fee is graduated (three late pick ups/strikes = termination) ...because like Childcaremom said; it's not about the money, it's about it not happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
                I not only enforce the pick up fee, but I take the child with me and have the parents come to me to pick up their child. I'd have taken the child to church with me and then had them pick up after the service (and the fee would have been higher by then). I've had parents have to track me down in a store before when they've been late, and they hate it. But, they don't hate it as much as I hate having their child in my care after I am closed.

I had one parent who didn't allow their child to watch TV. At 5:30, I'd put the kid in front of the television and go about making dinner for my family. I told her at 5:30, I'm done working, and my family time has started, and the TV can come on. After finding her kid in front of the TV a few times, her kid was always picked up on time. I do what I have to, I guess.
                My contract states: At closing time this child care switches to FST - FAMILY STANDARD TIME. Your child will be set up at the table with a book while I start my dinner, my kids start their homework, etc. All programming ENDS at closing time.

Comment

ABSOLUTELY!

I had an emergency closing last week. Had a kid picked up VERY late, and charged my $1/minute. Idc if they leave.

Comment

I thought someone mentioned before a software they used that made it very easy to add late fees (or it automatically added late fees because parents had to sign in/out). Does anyone know what it's called?

I think if you're more timid or soft spoken, that may be an easier way to address it - use weekly invoices and have the late fee show up there.

But I don't know how easy that software would be to customize :confused: (for example, an early closing or families with different hours each day).

Comment

Working...
                    X