Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Dropped Food Program Due To Kid Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Dropped Food Program Due To Kid Care?

They're going to make us switch this year(I think more towards late summer/early fall). I have zero desire to even try the new program. Everything I've read on here sounds like more problems than it's worth.
    Or am I just being a stubborn baby about it? Admittedly, I hate change. The checks are nice but.....

I almost did because I couldn't claim daily at first and they were blocking us out every day from being able to go back. at midnight every night they cut you off from being able to enter any information.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
      I almost did because I couldn't claim daily at first and they were blocking us out every day from being able to go back. at midnight every night they cut you off from being able to enter any information.
      I HAVE A mac and they were not ready to go and compatible but yet still expected me to claim daily and would not let me go back to fix anything. I have lost thousands because of this stupid program

Comment

Are they still doing this? I am still using Minute Menu, though I COULD be using KK. I just haven't made the switch yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
          Are they still doing this? I am still using Minute Menu, though I COULD be using KK. I just haven't made the switch yet.
          it all depends on your agency. my agency is the one who decides to lock us out.

Comment

Oh, wow, that hasn't hit us yet. The first I've heard of Kidcare is on this forum. Not looking forward to it from what I've heard here!

Comment

it all depends on your agency. my agency is the one who decides to lock us out.
              I never enter mine daily-I enter once, sometimes twice, a month. I'd not be able to participate if I had to do it daily. I just don't have it in me to deal with that every day. I write my meals on my sign in/out sheet and do it when I feel like I WANT to waste a few hours.

Comment

I HAVE A mac and they were not ready to go and compatible but yet still expected me to claim daily and would not let me go back to fix anything. I have lost thousands because of this stupid program
                Yep I dropped the program within the first 2 months because they didn't want to allow me to turn in paperwork they wanted me to find a Windows computer to do it online; sorry, not happening, I have a Mac & have for years, not getting a new laptop because your program can't work with my system

Comment

Switching to kk was bad at first, my biggest complaints were their site being down a lot, and the messages were written in such a weird way it was hard to figure them out, but it has worked fine for a while....then again I only enter the the food for the day, I don't use kk for anything else

Comment

I just switched from minute menu to kid care. It's fine. I like that I can use a browser other than internet explorer so that's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Chaos View Post
                      I like that I can use a browser other than internet explorer so that's cool.
                      Big plus, I could I forget..

Comment

I have make the switch in Sept, we'll see how it goes.

I now have to claim daily which I hate. I'll be just about to fall asleep and remember that I forgot to do it. I lost 5 days last month and 2 so far this month.

Comment

Okay, now can someone explain what Kid Kare is? I am able to use minutemenu pro on Chrome and that's what I use. Are the feds making us switch to some badly designed software or something?

Sorry, I guess I haven't paid enough attention to the issue other than vaguely noticing that people are complaining about it.

If we end up having to switch, does it work on an ipad?

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2Two View Post
                            Okay, now can someone explain what Kid Kare is? I am able to use minutemenu pro on Chrome and that's what I use. Are the feds making us switch to some badly designed software or something?

Sorry, I guess I haven't paid enough attention to the issue other than vaguely noticing that people are complaining about it.

If we end up having to switch, does it work on an ipad?
                            Am I missing something? For me Minute Menu is program that needs the internet to connect. You don't use a browser to use it, just a connection to the internet. I have an icon on my desktop just like any other installed program.

KidKare you can use on any browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome etc) so that's useful because you can use it on your phone browser.

I didn't realize that it wouldn't work on a mac computer. I don't own one so I guess I just automatically assumes that any web site could be opened on either a mac or a pc. I'm fascinated!

On another note ... our local food programs have always forced us to enter our meals daily and also have a midnight cut-off. I always seemed to forget to enter some meals (at least twice a week) and it's one of the reasons that I hesitate to re-enlist in the food program ::.

As far as KidKare goes I actually initially thought (and still do think) that it's a good program. It just had a lot of unanticipated issues. KidKare is an updated program created by the makers of Minute Menu meant to replace Minute Menu. The food program is making changes to it's program so the makers of Minute Menu made KidKare to include the changes that the food program is making.

Comment

I do all of my food program menus by hand. I write everyone's name, attendance, and meal components in ink each month, on forns provided by the food program. They have to provide this option for people who are having Internet issues.

MM and the CACFP spent about 16 hours trying to get me "online", but it never worked. *Shrug*

Hand writing it is a huge pita, but for those of you who actually make a decent amount from CACFP by being Tier 1 (not me), it's well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X