X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCM Furious After DCP Breastfed Child Without Permission

WOW! I would be pissed too!

Originally posted by bklsmum View Post
    Wow. I'd have been beyond pissed. NO OFFENSE to those who breastfeed, I TOTALLY support it. However, there is that fringe who feels that all kids MUST be BF, and think that BM cures everything from pimples to cancer, and that mom's who don't BF are cruel to their children. I'm guessing this loon fits into that bunch.

I don't see it as "helping" the child by providing BM, but as a stranger introducing their own bodily fluids into an infant that isn't theirs and that they don't have the right to do so with. I hope that the charges stick-this is WRONG to do after being told no.

Comment

So many levels of "ew" here...

Comment

My first thought was "Well there's one thing I won't be accused of!" Sorry- bad joke. The caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. ::

Why the **** would she think THAT was a good idea? I'm just shaking my head going "Wow". I'm like "I kind of want to hear her explanation but no- not really."

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
          Wow. I'd have been beyond pissed. NO OFFENSE to those who breastfeed, I TOTALLY support it. However, there is that fringe who feels that all kids MUST be BF, and think that BM cures everything from pimples to cancer, and that mom's who don't BF are cruel to their children. I'm guessing this loon fits into that bunch.

I don't see it as "helping" the child by providing BM, but as a stranger introducing their own bodily fluids into an infant that isn't theirs and that they don't have the right to do so with. I hope that the charges stick-this is WRONG to do after being told no.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post

My first thought was "Well there's one thing I won't be accused of!" Sorry- bad joke. The caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. ::
            Off to clean my screen now.... :: ::

Comment

Good god! Injecting your bodily fluids into somebody else's baby is not a thing to do, even if you WEREN'T threatening that baby's life, as this provider did.

Comment

Wow....wrong on so many levels.

Comment

I'm not a mom or even a woman, :: but even I know that was wrong. So many reasons it was wrong.

DaveA ::
                  Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
                  They are also our future.

Comment

I'm grossed out. Totally.
                    I think she absolutely needs charged.

Comment

Wet nurses, nowadays? No.

WTH was she even thinking to OFFER/ASK? And then to do it anyway?! WTH!

Comment

Am I the only one that doesn't find this gross? We take milk from a cows utter and drink it all the live long day but don't find that disgusting!

Anyway what she did was wrong but I certainly do not find it gross

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                          Am I the only one that doesn't find this gross? We take milk from a cows utter and drink it all the live long day but don't find that disgusting!

Whoa there! I don't drink cows milk and think that is udderly (haha) gross and disgusting. I'm weirded out by having to serve it to dcks per food plan regs.

If I weren't vegan...still. When you're breastfeeding you take careful note of what you are eating to deliver appropriate nutrition to your child. Who's to say this worker isn't doing pot and meth at home? Drinking wine and whatever else? Maybe the child has an allergy and that is why no breast milk.

Additonally, breast feeding creates a bond between baby and mother that is so beautiful it shouldn't be replaced by daycare worker. That aspect makes me so steamed for the mom.

Comment

Actually, yes, the article did state that the child had a lactose intolerance and started vomiting after the care provider breastfed him, so the mom took him to the hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post

I don't find it gross. I think wet nurses, village raising children is awesome. I donated my own breast milk. BUT, I think it needs to be with parent permission. Obviously, that was not the case here.

Comment

Working...
                              X