Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage

Does anyone have anything like this and if you do, where did you get it? I'm trying to get one but the sizes of the units and the boxes vary so much. The pictures can be deceiving.
    Attached Files

I don't have one. But, have you looked at Ikea?

Comment

I don't have something like that but I have the Ikea Trofast system http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca.../series/19027/

Not exactly what you're looking at but I like it because of the flexibility of the different size bins. I can rotate out my toys and change the bin sizes to fit the materials that I need. The bins aren't clear though. I have the white frosted ones and they aren't see-through at all so I bought some stick on label sleevs from Lakeshore and will make labels soon.

Ikea does have regular cube cubbies too but their cubby sizes are bigger than the average cubby cube. I bought a few to make a crafting table. Other than that Ikea doesn't have anything else similar to what you are looking for.

Comment

Wow I didn't even think of Ikea. duh! Thanks ladies. I'm applying for a grant and I have to pick out things ahead of time. The other pic I posted was like $500 for that one because it's wood. I could build my entire room at Ikea for that or less than that.

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
          I don't have something like that but I have the Ikea Trofast system http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca.../series/19027/

Not exactly what you're looking at but I like it because of the flexibility of the different size bins. I can rotate out my toys and change the bin sizes to fit the materials that I need. The bins aren't clear though. I have the white frosted ones and they aren't see-through at all so I bought some stick on label sleevs from Lakeshore and will make labels soon.

Ikea does have regular cube cubbies too but their cubby sizes are bigger than the average cubby cube. I bought a few to make a crafting table. Other than that Ikea doesn't have anything else similar to what you are looking for.
          I actually kinda like that they're not clear. Looks neater. Which one do you have exactly and what do you keep in it? I really like these.

Comment

I have that for my kids stuff. I have two of the staircase type ones, they fit perfectly side by side in my closet so it's kind of like a pyramid in the center behind sliding doors.

I just did the labels with card stock and sharpi and had my son color them so he was involved. Glued them with hot glue.

We have play doh, art supplies, baby toys (2x), trains, cups, balls, dinosaurs, disney toys, and figurines (I think that's all).

For the most part, stuff gets put back where it goes. My 1 year old is outgrowing a lot of his stuff, so I definitely need to go through the toys and organize again (it's inevitable). I've had this for over a year and some of the tracks are starting to break where the drawers slide in. I'm sure it can be fixed, just wanted to point it out.

I don't post on a lot of forums, so I hope my picture worked.
            Attached Files

Comment

Picture worked great! Thanks for giving me the info!

Comment

I do have one. It's the ikea one but I got it on craigslist for about half. I like this one http://amzn.to/2jxVw4E. It comes in a few different colors and looks like the cubbies are about like what I have.

Comment

I have this from ikea. You can get diffrent sizes add drawers or doors or diffrent size baskets

Comment

So out of all of the bins, which ones do you use the most?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
                      So out of all of the bins, which ones do you use the most?
                      Which sizes or which activities?

Comment

Originally posted by happymom View Post
                        Which sizes or which activities?
                        Sorry, what size of bins I mean.

Comment

Browse our full range of products from dressing tables to complete modern kitchens. Click here to find the right IKEA product for you. Browse online and in-store today!

I'm looking at this, but it doesn't say what size the boxes are.

Towards the bottom it has the boxes. Am I supposed to go by color to determine size?

Keeping a clutter-free home can be easy with IKEA's innovative and durable kid's storage furniture and cube storage solutions that's great for every age.

Comment

I actually kinda like that they're not clear. Looks neater. Which one do you have exactly and what do you keep in it? I really like these.
                            I got the taller ones in the natural wood. It totally doesn't match any of the other furniture that I have but since it's actual wood I figure I could always stain it later if I wanted to. I keep a lot of different things in it. Right now I have plastic ducks, large wooden vehicles, train tracks, science stuff (magnifying glasses, large tweezers, goggles etc), plastic bugs, wooden accessories for the blocks/tracks, cars/trains and baby toys. Next month I'll switch out the bugs for dinosaurs, change the baby toys and switch out the ducks for balls.

I like that I can keep the toys in the bins and get the lids to stack them. When I switch the bins out I can take the whole bin out and stack it with the others in the garage and just pull out the bin I want and put that one right in. I'm planning on getting a couple of the lower ones too and getting some of the regular flat shelves for it to sort out the large unit blocks. Right now they are all just dumped in a large plastic bin.

It's hard to see but I also added a photo of the labels that I got. I stuck them on but I haven't made labels. I plan on taking photos of what's inside of the bins and adding labels then printing them out on photo paper and cutting them down to fit in the sleeves.

Comment

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59033838/

I'm looking at this, but it doesn't say what size the boxes are.

Towards the bottom it has the boxes. Am I supposed to go by color to determine size?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...ns_ikea/18706/
                              They have different colors in different sizes so ...

Length 7 ¾ ", Width: 11 ¾ ", Height: 4 (small and skinny) in white, green and yellow
                              Length: 16 1/2 ", Width: 11 3/4 ", Height: 9 " (medium) in pink and orange (I have some in white but I don't know why they're not pictured on the website)
                              Length: 16 ½ ", Width: 11 ¾ ", Height: 14 ¼ " (large and deep) in white

I decided to get all white bins. One thing about the lids though is that they don't snap on, they just sit on the top. I don't mind it though. I just have the lids so that I can stack them.

Comment

Working...
                              X