Potty Training - Question About Two Week Dry Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potty Training - Question About Two Week Dry Period

I have a DCK who is in the process of potty training. the following days this has happened:

1/12 - accident
    1/13 - dry
    1/16 & 1/17 - absent
    1/18 - today - dry

Since she was absent on the 16th & 17th should I start the two week period on the 18th? Or since she has been dry since the 13th on her days present should I start it from the 13th?

Just wondering your opinions on this. FWIW, she remains dry in a pull up here (and at home) but doesn't want to wear underwear at home for some reason.

I would say, unless she's normally there 7 days a week, you can't really restart after 2 days absent or you'd be restarting every Monday, and 2 weeks will never happen.
    Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
    They are also our future.

Comment

I would want to SEE two full weeks dry at daycare.
      Which means 5 full days one week, 5 full days the next, THEN I assess the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmom View Post
        I would want to SEE two full weeks dry at daycare.
        Which means 5 full days one week, 5 full days the next, THEN I assess the progress.

I agree. I actually have one month in my policies. But it's at my discretion to allow underwear. If child is ready (verbal, able to hold for a min or two until we can get to the toilet, etc etc), and is successful here for 2 weeks then I will allow it. The month gives me some breathing space just in case.

Comment

Working...
        X