Graduated Hours....WWYD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hwichlaz View Post
    I have teacher families, but different schools. One school is 750am to 150pm (and there is breakfast and bus duty etc) and the other school is 815am to 315pm plus meetings. Luckily my teachers seem to really like their kids and usually pick up within 30min of school getting out unless it's conference week. :P I have half days/full days/extended days fees though.
    I use to have that set up & I'm beginning to think I need to go back to it... I only have one family that ever uses the entire 10 hrs . Being that I'm limited to 4 kids at anytime though, the half days bit me in the a** a few years ago, so not sure

Comment

I'm slowly trying to transition to all teachers kids. And they are really great about being picked up by 4:30. I have one kid that is always here until 5:30. Her parents are not teachers and I know her mom works until 5:00 in the town over. Occasionally dad will pick her up by 4:30, and I think he could do it more often just chooses not to. Occasionally the grandma will pick her up too by 4:30. I can't say enough how much I love this mom, she really is a good client and I've had this family for 7 years. I too thought of closing at 4:30 and doing the graduated rate. I just feel mean about it though like I'm singling her out. But man that extra hour every day would make a huge difference. And if she wasn't picking up atleast I'm getting a little extra out of it, just hanging out with one child.

Comment

Working...
      X