No announcement yet.

Deposit vs 2 Week Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(it just accrued to me double posting may be against the rules, if so how do I delete this one?)

Originally posted by TXhomedaycare View Post
    Wow 10 years and everyone has given 2 weeks notice that is great. I have been doing this three years and I recently had to start requiring a 2 weeks non refundable deposit on top of the first week because 80% of the people that left did not give notice and I was turning down people left and right for a spot I didn't know I needed to fill. I have had a waiting list before but the families moved on quick and we're not interested by the time I had a spot. The 2 weeks notice is important for me so I can fill the spot.
    I think in the past people were not as selfish as they are now :/ It's sad how much I have to add to my handbook/contract each year because of something that has happened to me, or another provider has told me about! Good luck with your spots!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandaluver21 View Post
      (it just accrued to me double posting may be against the rules, if so how do I delete this one?)

I think in the past people were not as selfish as they are now :/ It's sad how much I have to add to my handbook/contract each year because of something that has happened to me, or another provider has told me about! Good luck with your spots!
      No rules on double posting...post away!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandaluver21 View Post
        Yes that's what I was thinking. Do you think it would be more offputting to parents to day it that way, or would a "deposit" look better? I though saying "your rate is X for the first month and then goes down!" sounds better than "three full weeks up front"
        Here's what I do. I tell parents that they MUST pay in advance every week. I tell them that they MUST pay final two weeks', as well. I give them the option of paying the final two weeks' on a payment plan...I give them a form to come up with their OWN method of paying that final two weeks' and give them 8 weeks to get it paid (they can make payment weekly, monthly, whatever). It gives them flexibility in making that payment, and it doesn't hurt so much as paying all at once.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm bummed that I have to ask for it up front after all these years, but I guess it's just needed now! Great suggestions!

Comment

Working...
          X