Interview "No-Show" Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview "No-Show" Question

At what point would you consider parents a no-show when waiting for them to arrive for an interview?

I would give them 15 minutes, maybe 30 if they called saying they were running late.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyK8 View Post
      At what point would you consider parents a no-show when waiting for them to arrive for an interview?
      I say they are no show after 5 minutes past the time set without a call ( a call saying they are stuck in traffic is another thing)... I don't even give out my address (just general area) until a few hours before the interview & parents have to call me to get it; NO call by 4pm for a 6pm interview, I assume they aren't interested... If a parent calls to get the address and then no shows I put their name on my list of "never again". I do infants only and have only had one parent flake on the interview in 5 years since I started requiring a call to get the address. Of course all my policies, rates etc are on my website , so that in itself weeds out some families and they don't even bother to contact me

Comment

Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
        Of course all my policies, rates etc are on my website so that in itself weeds out some families and they don't even bother to contact me
        90% of my customers pay more than they were going to pay. If I have my rates on my website I would never get them as my customers. All information about policies, rates etc I share with parents during interview only.

I schedule interviews for only the time when I am at home anyway. As a result, I newer care will parents come or not. I can cook, clean the yard, read a book, watch Netflix ...

Comment

Originally posted by sahm1225 View Post
          I would give them 15 minutes, maybe 30 if they called saying they were running late.
          Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
          I say they are no show after 5 minutes past the time set without a call ( a call saying they are stuck in traffic is another thing)... I don't even give out my address (just general area) until a few hours before the interview & parents have to call me to get it; NO call by 4pm for a 6pm interview, I assume they aren't interested... If a parent calls to get the address and then no shows I put their name on my list of "never again". I do infants only and have only had one parent flake on the interview in 5 years since I started requiring a call to get the address. Of course all my policies, rates etc are on my website , so that in itself weeds out some families and they don't even bother to contact me
          Originally posted by ColorfulSunburst View Post
          90% of my customers pay more than they were going to pay. If I have my rates on my website I would never get them as my customers. All information about policies, rates etc I share with parents during interview only.

I schedule interviews for only the time when I am at home anyway. As a result, I newer care will parents come or not. I can cook, clean the yard, read a book, watch Netflix ...

Thank you guys so much. Just dealt with my first "no call/no show" today. *sigh*

Comment

Did you email them your contract, digital resource files, curriculum outlines, schedules, sample menus and forms?

**Sometimes newer/local providers will schedule and no-show like this to get your paperwork. I have even had one tour.

Keep those numbers in your phone. You may see them again.
            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
              Did you email them your contract, digital resource files, curriculum outlines, schedules, sample menus and forms?

**Sometimes newer/local providers will schedule and no-show like this to get your paperwork. I have even had one tour.

Keep those numbers in your phone. You may see them again.
              And this is why families don't get my paperwork until I have the intent to contract or a signed contract in my hand with first months fees... Once they guarantee they are signing I hand them the rest of the forms .

Comment

Working...
              X