Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FB Post From Another Provider - Does This Offend You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
    Unless she's paying you to revise her ad, stay out of it, right?
    Well, sure! ::

But seriously, I can see a bunch of providers getting their panties in a bunch and taking her to task over it on FB and beyond.
    I find ignoring stupid to be more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Care View Post
      Well, sure! ::

But seriously, I can see a bunch of providers getting their panties in a bunch and taking her to task over it on FB and beyond.
      I find ignoring stupid to be more effective.
      There's no way I would involve myself in the drama of telling someone something they posted on fb was wrong...but reading that definitely made me cringe. It's like, "know your audience!"

Comment

all I could think of is that she forgot to say in her post.

Also, when I fart, my $hit doesn't stink either......WOW wee.

She must be younger. I find that the younger generation tend to think they are above the rest.

Comment

I once wrote an ad trying to seperate myself from the pack by explaining that due to my education I belonged to a regulatory body and got in trouble for it. The admin wouldn't post my ad. She told me my ad was offensive to other providers and that just because I was "educated" didn't mean I was better yadda yadda. She basically did not understand that my regulatory body actually does "police me" (which is what I was trying to explain in my ad as most people don't understand that). Not once did I compare myself to others, not once did I say it made me better I was simply using it to help me find kids....the same way a provider might say "16 years experience" or "bright upper floor playroom" etc. Her temper tantrum and lack of self esteem ruined my chance at explaining something pretty basic.

I would never have written what she wrote and I do find it unprofessional but at the same time someone judged mine as being offensive when to me it wasn't offensive AT. ALL!

Comment

Originally posted by sahm1225 View Post
            It is offensive. But it's also confusing, she says she's looking to do it out of her home but then says she wants to bring her almost 2 year old with her? It looks like she combined too many different thoughts in her ad and it comes accross to me as someone who likes thinking they are so much better than everyone else!
            Exactly my thoughts. But I'd give it a quick glance and continue on my way. Life is too short to be bothered by stuff that doesn't matter in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
              It's garbled and meandering, full of misspellings, bad grammar, and irrelevant information. Whatever her child care qualifications, she never studied composition.

Look at it this way: Like a Nigerian prince scam email, it'll turn off the savvy reader immediately and only draw in the families you probably will be happier not dealing with.
              ::

Comment

My first impression was just that she was trying to tout her strengths--just plain advertising and marketing. If she really wants to do this, she needs to show why a parent should choose her above another.

However, like others have said, education probably only gets her 15% of the way. I think the hardest thing about this job is dealing with all the parents, some of whom are jerks or nuts, and the others are mostly under different types of stress.

Comment

But her wording was insulting to other providers. One of the teachers at our CCR&R, who has a master's, told us that she learned more from our state training classes than she did in her master's. I believe it! The training classes are great.

Comment

Honestly, even though education is very much important, I would be looking at how the provider interacts with the kids. Her wording in her ad conveyed a message that said (to me at least) "Look at me.... I know lots of stuff.... choose me instead of the others !" Nowhere in her ad did it mention what she does with the children. Also. The message in the ad has to be clear.

Comment

Educated

In my opinion okay she is educated, is she licensed, does she know the state rules, is she monitored is she basically held accountable. Does she have the "training" that we as providers get every year.

Comment

My thought is that when anyone over-stresses their education, it's usually because they are insecure about themselves or their actual level of education. She claims to be "certified" but what exactly does that mean? Does she have a CDA? An AA/AS in ECE or LPN? A BA/BS in education?

As others have pointed out, her ad/message doesn't read like an educated person.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                          The "not average" "educated" provider generally washes out in under 24 months.

No worries. ::
                          I was going to say this. Generally when there are local ads like this, these providers don't end up staying in childcare very long.

The ad does confuse me, though. Is she watching in her home or travelling?

As a provider, I just carry on. As a parent, I would skip right past it.

Comment

Okay, never mind; I couldn't help revising:

"I am offering full- and part-time child care. I have experience, certification, and references. Contact me for more information."

Comment

Wow what a diva attitude! It doesn't matter how much education you have, with that type of thinking that your better educated then most therefore you are better, I hope no one wants their kids to be with you. I have 34 years doing this in my home with NO degrees except 100's of hours in simple training class meetings. I have a large waiting list and earn just as much as someone with a degree. You need to go to a center to work.

Comment

Being so educated, you'd think she'd know the difference between your and you're.

Comment

Working...
                                X