Accident/ Incident Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident/ Incident Reports

Does anyone know how i can get/ make accident/illness reports on carbonless paper? I want to be able to fill out the report, have parents sign it and then tear them off their copy.

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
    Does anyone know how i can get/ make accident/illness reports on carbonless paper? I want to be able to fill out the report, have parents sign it and then tear them off their copy.
    I just use my printer as a copier and make them wait the 30 seconds it takes to make a copy or I print out two, stamp copy on one and I have them sign the one I file. On the report it state, by signing this I also agree that I have received a copy for my own records.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
      I just use my printer as a copier and make them wait the 30 seconds it takes to make a copy or I print out two, stamp copy on one and I have them sign the one I file. On the report it state, by signing this I also agree that I have received a copy for my own records.
      That's what i do now but it's hard. My copier takes a few minutes, i don't like leaving the parents alone with the kids etc. I could just print and fill out two bit 2 that's annoying as well. I want the fancy paper .

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
        Any local printing shop should be able to do that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
          Any local printing shop should be able to do that for you.
          Ooo is that's simple????

Comment

I haven't found a way to do this, but I am sure a printer shop could. OR you could order online and just print the headers and leave the are blank or add lines for what you need to write in.

I do mine on a half sheet of paper. I type it out, copy and paste the text. One half is labeled "caregiver copy" and has a place for the parents signature and the second half says "parent copy" and has a place for my signature. The parent signs my copy, I file it and they take their copy home.

Comment

My daycare doesn't give parents copies unless they ask and I don't think any parents have a problem with that. I've asked for a copy only once when my son had to get stitches and I wanted to have their report. Otherwise if it's something I want to reference later (usually behavior reports) I will just snap a picture of it with my phone so my husband and I can look at it together and make a plan.

The daycare does it for documentation purposes but as a parent I don't need all that extra paper and that kind of stuff goes in the trash once I have read it.

Comment

MI state incident report requires the name of all children involved, however Tom Copeland stated in a blog that it is a privacy thing to reveal the name of the other children involved to any parent. How do you word the parent copy to not reveal the other children's name?

Comment

Originally posted by 284878 View Post
                  MI state incident report requires the name of all children involved, however Tom Copeland stated in a blog that it is a privacy thing to reveal the name of the other children involved to any parent. How do you word the parent copy to not reveal the other children's name?
                  In this case I think the only solution is to write two reports. One to each parent and put a copy of both in each child's folder.

So maybe say something like "Johnny was playing outside on the train when another child bit him on the shoulder."

Then: "Sally was playing outside, appeared to want the train that was being played with by another child and she responded by biting the child on the shoulder."

At least that is how I would handle it.

Comment

I write up an incident reports and list all children involved by name. But these incident reports are documentation for my files and for the state if necessary and are not provided to the parent.

I do have the parents sign and date but I do not give them a copy. I usually state child #1 and child #2 and then fill in the actual names after parent has read and signed. I would provide the parent a copy if they asked but I would just tell them it won't be copied and ready for them until the next day

Comment

Originally posted by 284878 View Post
                      Originally posted by Baby Beluga View Post
                      In this case I think the only solution is to write two reports. One to each parent and put a copy of both in each child's folder.

So maybe say something like "Johnny was playing outside on the train when another child bit him on the shoulder."

Then: "Sally was playing outside, appeared to want the train that was being played with by another child and she responded by biting the child on the shoulder."

At least that is how I would handle it.
                      This is how I've always done it and how it was required at all the centers i worked at.
                      I always give parents a copy when their child gets an injury or if they hurt another kid bad enough to where that kid needs a report.

Comment

We do "Today while Sally was playing with a friend she bit the friend on the shoulder" replace friend with teacher, child etc.

As far as names go, it is a privacy violation and can fall under hippa like laws. We write out an incident report for each child and copy for the parents. One thing you can do is download a scanner app and scan and email the incident report at the end of the day. We have some parents we ALWAYS give copies too and other we ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzii View Post
                          We do "Today while Sally was playing with a friend she bit the friend on the shoulder" replace friend with teacher, child etc.

As far as names go, it is a privacy violation and can fall under hippa like laws. We write out an incident report for each child and copy for the parents. One thing you can do is download a scanner app and scan and email the incident report at the end of the day. We have some parents we ALWAYS give copies too and other we ask.
                          HIPPA laws do not apply to child care. They apply only to the heathcare industry in general. Some helpful links explaining:

Ready to improve the health and safety at your camp? An all-in-one solution trusted by 1,250+ organizations and designed by school nurses and directors. Get Started Ready to improve the health and safety at your camp? An all-in-one solution trusted by 1,250+

Confidentiality rules may apply but not HIPPA

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            HIPPA laws do not apply to child care. They apply only to the heathcare industry in general. Some helpful links explaining:

Ready to improve the health and safety at your camp? An all-in-one solution trusted by 1,250+ organizations and designed by school nurses and directors. Get Started Ready to improve the health and safety at your camp? An all-in-one solution trusted by 1,250+

Confidentiality rules may apply but not HIPPA

I wasn't sure if there was a name for the laws- that was why I said Hippa like- I'm not sure if the confidentiality rules are law binding or not

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzii View Post
                              I wasn't sure if there was a name for the laws- that was why I said Hippa like- I'm not sure if the confidentiality rules are law binding or not
                              ! I missed the HIPPA "LIKE" part but yes, confidentiality rules CAN apply but it depends on the state and what their regulations are.

Comment

Working...
                              X