Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can A Daycare Cancell My Child's Enrollment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can A Daycare Cancell My Child's Enrollment?

My husband and I were going thru some nasty divorce when he filed a TRO, later it was dismissed by a judge. My husband made sure daycare was heavily involved in all this mess. Now they are saying it's too much trouble to deal with who can and who can't pick my child up and saying she can no longer continue going there? I am not ok with that, and currently in conversation with attorney to take matter to court, if necessary. Did anyone have a similar experience?

Generally, yes a daycare can. A daycare chooses who can attend, a parent doesn't choose the daycare (contrary to what parents often think). Some exceptions may include state funded daycare programs.

Sorry for the trouble you're going through :hug:

Comment

Assuming you took this to court and won (doubtful this would happen), would you want your child in a daycare where the provider wanted to terminate care, and was forced to keep providing care?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockgirl View Post
        Assuming you took this to court and won (doubtful this would happen), would you want your child in a daycare where the provider wanted to terminate care, and was forced to keep providing care?
        Good point. The teachers are great there, the problem is with the owner (of course). I really like the place, and I feel like switching places will be a very traumatic experience for my daughter...

Comment

Sorry for the mess you're going through, but for the most part they can terminate care when they feel like. They offer a service you contract for, and as long as that contract's termination policy is followed they can choose to stop providing that service to you. I would advise against taking legal action. I doubt you would win and even if you did, then what? Do you want your child someplace that had to be forced to take them? Also word travels in this industry- it will be harder to find future care if you go this route.

From a personal standpoint, :hug:. From a professional one, find new care.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna_Boulger80 View Post
            My husband and I were going thru some nasty divorce when he filed a TRO, later it was dismissed by a judge. My husband made sure daycare was heavily involved in all this mess. Now they are saying it's too much trouble to deal with who can and who can't pick my child up and saying she can no longer continue going there? I am not ok with that, and currently in conversation with attorney to take matter to court, if necessary. Did anyone have a similar experience?
            I'm sorry you are having issues but you can't force a self-employed business owner to take your child.

As a self-employed business owner I can terminate at will for ANY reason I feel like it. My reasons may not be professional or logical or even a big deal but for all intents and purposes I can term a family for wearing blue on a Tuesday if I wanted.

Barring any legal discrimination, you really don't have a premise for a law suit and are simply wasting the courts time.

Like a previous poster said, why would you place your child in an environment where she (and her parent's drama) is unwanted and unwelcome? That might open up a law suit from your ex as I'd question your parental choices if I were in his shoes.

I don't mean that rudely or harshly, just pointing out how he might see it.

Again, I am sorry you are having issues but in the best interests of your child, I'd move on and find another child care that will care for her willingly.

Comment

Good point. The teachers are great there, the problem is with the owner (of course). I really like the place, and I feel like switching places will be a very traumatic experience for my daughter...
              Yes, I understand. I agree that it would be best for your child to not have to undergo another change. I hope everything works out well for you.

Comment

You mention your husband made sure the daycare was heavily involved in the mess, that's most likely the root of it. As a daycare provider I don't even want to hear about it, I would term if they were trying to involve me. My job is to care for the children, I do not want to hear all the details of a nasty divorce, it's not my business.

Comment

Teachers take care of children. You take care of you business. You remind me of an ostrich...All this sensitive naggers that don't want to "deal" with what is a common thing such as divorce..

Comment

Comment

Teachers take care of children. You take care of you business. You remind me of an ostrich...All this sensitive naggers that don't want to "deal" with what is a common thing such as divorce..
                      YOU, YOURSELF called it a MESS. Are you kidding me with this? I'm wondering if it is really the divorce mess causing the termination.

Comment

TRO actually isn't that common. Divorce may be, but sounds like the situation was quite hostile. I would not want a hostile situation around the other kids & my family.

Comment

Originally posted by needavaca View Post
                          you mention your husband made sure the daycare was heavily involved in the mess, that's most likely the root of it. As a daycare provider i don't even want to hear about it, i would term if they were trying to involve me. My job is to care for the children, i do not want to hear all the details of a nasty divorce, it's not my business.
                          this.

Comment

You remind me of an ostrich....
                            :::::: So, that's a new one.
                            Attached Files
                            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Actually most home providers do not get involved in divorce cases; I have a strict policy (online no less in my website) that strictly forbids parents from involving me in their personal crap. I use to serve those court documents in my prior career and some cases get messy. The last thing you want is for the one safe place for your child to get involved because then it takes a toll on care for all the other kids and possibly the providers home life also too... the fact your husband involved the daycare is quite possibly why they no longer want your child in care... I know I wouldn't

We deal with divorced parents, true, it doesn't mean we will allow ourselves to be dragged into court (causing issues with our income & problems with care for other families) or the messiness of parents fighting. That is not part of our job so yeah... I would terminate care also

Comment

Working...
                              X