You Have GOT to Be Kidding Me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Have GOT to Be Kidding Me...

Alright, I posted yesterday about how I made the mistake of letting a dcb start wearing underwear. He started off ok, but now he's having accidents, so I told dcm yesterday that he would have to go back in pull-ups until he's ACTUALLY READY. Dcm acted pissed and basically blamed ME for it.

Guess who's in underwear today??? I'm PISSED.

She has pushed pretty much every policy I've ever had, so why should this surprise me???

And she didn't "forget" because she was visibly upset about it at pickup yesterday.

Would y'all type up a term letter for something like this?

I would be LIVID.

I would call her and tell her to bring the required supplies or pick up dcb. Then I would check him daily to make sure he was in pull ups, and I would send him home to get ready for the day if he wasn't. No different than how I handle kids who come without shoes/coats/etc

Did you give her a copy of your potty training policy?

If she kept pushing it, I would term them. No way I can handle that level of disrespect.

Comment

No.

I would have turned her away at the door.

If she dropped and did not tell you he was in cloth, I'd call and term effective immediately.

I'd refund any future dated payment from today.
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
        I would be LIVID.

I would call her and tell her to bring the required supplies or pick up dcb. Then I would check him daily to make sure he was in pull ups, and I would send him home to get ready for the day if he wasn't. No different than how I handle kids who come without shoes/coats/etc

Did you give her a copy of your potty training policy?

If she kept pushing it, I would term them. No way I can handle that level of disrespect.
        My potty training policy is kinda vague and I will absolutely be updating it since this happened ! But I want to send my son to her house to pee all over her floor and see how she likes it ::

This mom has showed up 15-30 minutes early many Friday's at pickup without money. Like, she could have gone to the bank in that time....I charged her late fees, but she didn't care and kept doing it. (I am going to make my late fees higher)

She has tried to show up early. (I left her standing at the door hehehe)

She has picked up late on several occasions.

SHE is the reason that my backbone is strengthening. I'm so done I could scream. I love the dcb though :-(

I really think that she believes she's MY boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
          No.

I would have turned her away at the door.

If she dropped and did not tell you he was in cloth, I'd call and term effective immediately.

I'd refund any future dated payment from today.
          I should have checked, but she always brings her kid by carrying him (he's 3) and she holds him like a baby on the couch for 20 minutes. She was extra friendly with me today, so I should have known!

I need to look at my contract, but I think I only have a two week notice, I don't have anything that says I can term immediately :-(. Something else I need to change!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boymom View Post
            My potty training policy is kinda vague and I will absolutely be updating it since this happened ! But I want to send my son to her house to pee all over her floor and see how she likes it ::

This mom has showed up 15-30 minutes early many Friday's at pickup without money. Like, she could have gone to the bank in that time....I charged her late fees, but she didn't care and kept doing it. (I am going to make my late fees higher)

SHE is the reason that my backbone is strengthening. I'm so done I could scream. I love the dcb though :-(

Beyond time for a "Come to Jesus" meeting with DCM. Something along the lines of "I like having you as a client of MY business, but these are my policies. If there are any you are unclear about I will explain them to you. These and any additional policy updates will be followed. If that is a problem for you I will terminate care for DCB due to parental disrespect and refusal to follow my business's policies."

Comment

Originally posted by Boymom View Post

I'm basing my response on the bolded.

You can fix this but it will take a lot of work and effort to reprogram mom. Not something I am willing to do but if you are, you need to stop and correct every little thing. Immediate consequences. Checking at the door. Not letting in if he isn't prepared for the day. Late fees each and every time. No pay no stay.

Or you can just be done. If it isn't in your contract to term immediately, I would give notice right now. And enforce every single thing until they are done. If that means turning away at the door, fine.

Ftr, I'd be done. Parents like this drive me nuts.

Comment

We CAn all thank the parent that pushed us daily breaking our policies, giving us headache and driving us crazy. This is how we build and strength out back bone.

Do you have any diapers? I would text mom and say

Dcb didn't come in a pull up, so I had to put a diaper on him. Please be sure to bring pull ups today at pick up. Also please don't forget the $2.00 diaper charge fee. I'll let you know how many he uses by the end of the day so you can pay me the total tonight when you pick up. I know the diaper fee will be much cheaper than a carpet cleaning bill would be! Thanks so much. TGIF!

Comment

Parents just do not understand that once a child is ready to use the toilet pullups will not matter. So many parents think their kids cannot train in pullups and it is not true.

I have a friend who basically blamed her daycare for why her child was not potty trained at 12 months old she continually tells the story about how it was going so well at home (the mom was trained to put him on the toilet every 15min to 1/2 hour in other words) and how the daycare wouldn't do that and wouldn't put a potty out on the floor for him to use no amount of explaining will help these morons!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
                    Beyond time for a "Come to Jesus" meeting with DCM. Something along the lines of "I like having you as a client of MY business, but these are my policies. If there are any you are unclear about I will explain them to you. These and any additional policy updates will be followed. If that is a problem for you I will terminate care for DCB due to parental disrespect and refusal to follow my business's policies."
                    You don't have to have a written policy in order to terminate immediately. It's your house.

I would absolutely say what Dave said above....I'd also let her know that ANY carpet cleaning expenses WILL be attached to her next invoice.

Comment

Thank you all. I decided I am going to term because I can no longer deal with this woman's disrespect.

For the term letter, I think I'm kinda stuck with them for 2 weeks. Can y'all please help me with the wording?

This is what my contract says:

Child care may be terminated by the provider or the parents for any reason by providing the other party with two weeks advance written notice. The two weeks must be paid in full either at the time the notice is given or at the start of the final two weeks, regardless of whether or not your child is in attendance. The provider can terminate the contract immediately without giving any notice if parents do not make payments when they are due.

Comment

I would give two weeks, and reminder her payment is due in full. If she doesn't have it in FULL on Monday, then term immediately. And if she decide to pay and stick out the two weeks, have her sign a two week agreement that child must come fully dressed with all diapering supplies. If he is unprepared for the day, or any more rules are broken (including late pick up) you will immediately term.

Hopefully, with all this she wont show up Monday!

Comment

And I would have him in a diaper today, eve if I had to "borrow" it from another kid!

Comment

I keep extra diapers on hand. Actually, people give them to me when they size up. That child would be in diapers and I would charge an extra fee for inconvenience.

Any dcf that got ticked with me to my face I would probably term. I don't have time for that. Treat me with respect or don't come. You're replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by JackandJill View Post
                              I would give two weeks, and reminder her payment is due in full. If she doesn't have it in FULL on Monday, then term immediately. And if she decide to pay and stick out the two weeks, have her sign a two week agreement that child must come fully dressed with all diapering supplies. If he is unprepared for the day, or any more rules are broken (including late pick up) you will immediately term.

Hopefully, with all this she wont show up Monday!
                              Perfect, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X