Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Text or Wait to Tell Them at Pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Text or Wait to Tell Them at Pickup?

I made a BIG rookie mistake... I let a dcb start coming in underwear months ago....why? I really have no clue what I was thinking! His parents expected me to make him go pee every 30 minutes (didn't happen). He was actually doing ok at first, but the last week or so he has had quite a few accidents.

This morning, I had literally just asked him if he had to go to the bathroom. He said no, but not even a minute later, he had peed. I had him change and all that.

Then, during breakfast, not even 30 minutes after the first incident, I see a puddle under his chair. UGH!

So, I have learned my lesson with letting kids come in underwear when they are obviously not ready.

Now, should I text mom and tell her that effective tmrw, he will be in pull-ups until he is 100% accident free for 2 weeks at my daycare? Or should I wait to talk to her at pickup? I want to text her because pickup is an absolute beating for me because the kids go cray cray, but is it unprofessional to text her that at work?

I would wait until pick up.

In the meantime I would write up a potty training policy, verbally explain to her at pick-up why DCB can't be in pull-ups right now, have her and Dad sign the potty training policy and put it in her file.

ETA: if speaking to mom at pick up isn't a possibility you can also send an email.

Comment

You can text her that you need to schedule a short conference with her after closing.

If she requests text notification, instead, you have your "professional" bases covered.
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Pick up for me is chaotic, because the majority of my families leave at the same time.
        So, I usually take nap time to send out texts. I start by saying "Since I need to keep things brief at pick up time, I wanted to reach out to you now. Potty training with Johnny has not been successful at daycare. Due to this, I will require him to be in a pull up starting today. I will send home a copy of my updated PT policy with you today as well. Thank you".

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmom View Post
          Pick up for me is chaotic, because the majority of my families leave at the same time.
          So, I usually take nap time to send out texts. I start by saying "Since I need to keep things brief at pick up time, I wanted to reach out to you now. Potty training with Johnny has not been successful at daycare. Due to this, I will require him to be in a pull up starting today. I will send home a copy of my updated PT policy with you today as well. Thank you".
          This. I also like the paper trail. I would answer any questions, or explain the multiple accidents/sanitary issue and that while you're willing to ASSIST with PT'ing, you aren't willing to clean up numerous accidents.

Comment

I ended up telling her at pickup and she wasn't happy when I said he would have to be in pull-ups.

All she said was "it's not that he is not ready, he needs to get in trouble." And she walked out and said nothing else.

She made it sound like it's MY fault that he's having accidents and that I'm supposed to put him in time out or something? Ummm no.

This dcm is on thin ice with me right now. We will see if he shows up in underwear tmrw...

Comment

Originally posted by Boymom View Post
              I ended up telling her at pickup and she wasn't happy when I said he would have to be in pull-ups.

All she said was "it's not that he is not ready, he needs to get in trouble." And she walked out and said nothing else.

She made it sound like it's MY fault that he's having accidents and that I'm supposed to put him in time out or something? Ummm no.

This dcm is on thin ice with me right now. We will see if he shows up in underwear tmrw...
              shaming a child for a toileting accident would put me in violation of my license. No way, DCM. Horrible parenting, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                shaming a child for a toileting accident would put me in violation of my license. No way, DCM. Horrible parenting, imho.
                Exactly! She tells me all the time that he gets spanked by daddy if he ever has accidents. Now, I do spank my own child for other things when needed, but I NEVER spanked my child for toileting issues.

I'm pissed with how she treated me. And I'm sure dcb got in trouble when he got home :-( he's such a sweetheart too!

Comment

Wow I am so sorry to hear that!

I am not a fan of pull ups while children are learning that said I also feel it is unsanitary to have accidents in a group setting constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Boymom View Post
                    Exactly! She tells me all the time that he gets spanked by daddy if he ever has accidents. Now, I do spank my own child for other things when needed, but I NEVER spanked my child for toileting issues.

I'm pissed with how she treated me. And I'm sure dcb got in trouble when he got home :-( he's such a sweetheart too!
                    I am not judging you personally however I do not know that I would be the best provider for a family that believed in shaming (intentionally) or spanking especially for potty accidents...... it is so counter productive and breaks the bonds of trust for later.

Comment

Spanking for toileting accidents? Ugh. I would be LIVID at mom and would go full on confrontation mode with this. Never ever would I tolerate abuse like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X