Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016/2017 Xmas/New Years - What Are You Doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm taking off the December 26th- January 2nd. All paid of course

Comment

Originally posted by jenboo View Post
      Usually i take the whole week off. This year I'm just doing the Mondays after as paid holidays.
      I have in my contract that if a holiday lands on a weekend, it will be observed the Friday before or Monday after.
      I have this in my policies as well, but I notified all my dcps a couple of months ago that I'm closed that Friday before, straight through and reopening Jan. 2. They know I have 2 dds that travel home for a Christmas vacation. If I'm extremely lucky I see them each 2x a year so I'm now willing to take a week off during the holidays so I can be with them and not a house full of kids.

Comment

I'm closed on the 23rd for Christmas Eve and the 26th for Christmas. And then I'm closing at 1:00 on the 30th and I'm closed on Jan 2nd. Hallelujah! Bring on the holidays!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heart12 View Post
          I'm taking off the December 26th- January 2nd. All paid of course
          I'm going to have to add this to my contract next year :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBee View Post
            Closed dec 26th-dec 30th. Reopening jan 2nd. I always take the week between christmas and new years. I also take a week off in July, usually it coincides with the 4th.

Since I had to close for a week while I was sick, I had a family suggest I stay open between Christmas and New Year's. Nope, still taking the week off.

None of my time off is paid.
            WOW I can't believe they asked you to work on your vacation just because you were sick another time. How rude!!!

Comment

My center will not be closing at all during those times. We're normally open Christmas Eve and New Years Eve anyway. We barely have any kids during the school district's winter break. I think last year we were at about 50% capacity during that time (and enrollment is always about 100%).

Comment

I'm closed Dec 23-Jan 2. My policies say I close for Winter Break between Christmas and New Year, and if a holiday falls on a weekend I close the previous Friday or following Monday. I started posting those closing dates in August so parents will have had plenty of notice when December comes.

Comment

I plan to follow the school calendar so would be closed two weeks that said, if I did not follow the school calendar, I would likely follow the banks and I think they observe the day after.

Comment

Well, my birthday is the 31st, so i'm gonna sleep till noon and eat what I want until I open again on Monday.

Comment

Looking at the calendar, I don't think I'm having any vacation days at all ths year...oh well

Comment

I take off what the schools take off. I run a preschool and consider myself a school. So, it's two weeks for me this year..whoo hoo!

Comment

I'm in Ontario Canada so Christmas day (December 25), boxing day (December 26), and New years Day (January 1) are all statutory days that I get paid for and the daycare is closed for. This year because christmas day is on Sunday I'll be taking December 27 of in lieu and for New Years Day I'll be taking of January 2 in lieu of the 1st. (When I checked these will be the same days as got and banks will be clossing). I plan to add in for future years that I am only open a half day for Christmas Eve but since it's on a weekend this year I'm not worried about it.

Last year I was closed from the December 23 to January 4th but one week of that was maturity leAve to have my son and then I was "off" for the next 5 weeks (recovery from planed c section) while my subs took over for me. It was great cause the mat leave was unpaid but I did get pay for the Stat days.

Comment

Working...
                          X