Saying "Nope"? Priceless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome backbone posts!!!

I know that when I started out, I felt it was my job to help the parents out in any way possible and that if I did, they in turn, would be respectful and grateful.

I learned that mindset NEVER works. You give an inch...they WILL take a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowmom View Post

And wth... someone actually wanted to take your Xbox for a weekend?
      Wow.
      That doesn't surprise me- I had a DCP assume DCKs could take stuff home overnight if they wanted to. After all- they're the children's toys. Um....... No

And Denali-happyfacehappyfacehappyface

Comment

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. This is all over her dropping off at 730 instead of 745, and you usually charge a fee of $30 for doing so, which you were prepared to charge daily?

Comment

Originally posted by UnAnne View Post
          Let me make sure I understand this correctly. This is all over her dropping off at 730 instead of 745, and you usually charge a fee of $30 for doing so, which you were prepared to charge daily?
          She dropped off at 7:30 Tuesday. She wanted to drop off at 7-7:15am so she chould be to work at 7:30am for wednesday-Friday. I told her drop-off 7:30 was the earliest that she could do because that is when I open.

When signing up it was made very clear that any time outside of her contracted time (her earliest drop-off time - her latest pick up time) she wouldn't be able to drop off as my busniess was closed to her. UNLESS she signed up for drop in, which is $10/hour outside of her contracted time as long as it's within my business hours of operation, and arranged ahead of time.

She insisted that she wanted to have 7:45 - 10:30am only (dcg is a kinder half day). She didn't want to sign up for my drop-in rate, actually crumpled up the form and gave it back to me on her 3rd day her, when she showed up at 7:30 for drop-off and I didn't answer the door until 7:45. I made it clear that for early drop-offs/late pick-ups outside her time would be $2 a minute (if I allowed her to drop off early). She said she didn't care because it didn't pertain to her because it wouldn't happen again.

So you bet I'd charge her $2 a minute. She started on September 12th, so these were not conversations that happened a long time ago.

Comment

Also, If she doesn't like it, than she can go somewhere else. I'm not playing that game. ✌️️

Side note: this is the same DCM that I mentioned in another post that showed up to drop off paper work, and for a meet and great because DCM didn't bring DCG to the interview and I wouldn't start care until I met the kid. She didn't bring shot records (required by my state for me to have before I child can attend), told me that DCG was getting shots on Friday and she would bring them by then. This was back beginning of June I think... anyway, start date was middle aid August. Told her Friday was find, but DCG could not come and was not enrolled until I had shot records.

Never heard from them again until the morning of start date when she was on her way to drop off DCG and she was calling to make sure we were good. I said no, you never came by on that Friday months ago, never heard from you so I assumed you were not interested so I filled the space. (That family didn't work out... hence why she was give a chance when she called asking again...) she kept saying that "I thought we were good" "what I'm I going to do now?" "I really thought we were good"

Comment

Originally posted by Denali View Post
              Also, If she doesn't like it, than she can go somewhere else. I'm not playing that game. ✌️️

Side note: this is the same DCM that I mentioned in another post that showed up to drop off paper work, and for a meet and great because DCM didn't bring DCG to the interview and I wouldn't start care until I met the kid. She didn't bring shot records (required by my state for me to have before I child can attend), told me that DCG was getting shots on Friday and she would bring them by then. This was back beginning of June I think... anyway, start date was middle aid August. Told her Friday was find, but DCG could not come and was not enrolled until I had shot records.

Never heard from them again until the morning of start date when she was on her way to drop off DCG and she was calling to make sure we were good. I said no, you never came by on that Friday months ago, never heard from you so I assumed you were not interested so I filled the space. (That family didn't work out... hence why she was give a chance when she called asking again...) she kept saying that "I thought we were good" "what I'm I going to do now?" "I really thought we were good"
              Hot mess...

:dislike:

Comment

She dropped off at 7:30 Tuesday. She wanted to drop off at 7-7:15am so she chould be to work at 7:30am for wednesday-Friday. I told her drop-off 7:30 was the earliest that she could do because that is when I open.

When signing up it was made very clear that any time outside of her contracted time (her earliest drop-off time - her latest pick up time) she wouldn't be able to drop off as my busniess was closed to her. UNLESS she signed up for drop in, which is $10/hour outside of her contracted time as long as it's within my business hours of operation, and arranged ahead of time.

She insisted that she wanted to have 7:45 - 10:30am only (dcg is a kinder half day). She didn't want to sign up for my drop-in rate, actually crumpled up the form and gave it back to me on her 3rd day her, when she showed up at 7:30 for drop-off and I didn't answer the door until 7:45. I made it clear that for early drop-offs/late pick-ups outside her time would be $2 a minute (if I allowed her to drop off early). She said she didn't care because it didn't pertain to her because it wouldn't happen again.

So you bet I'd charge her $2 a minute. She started on September 12th, so these were not conversations that happened a long time ago.

Oh my! If this dcm doesn't force you to grow a nice, strong backbone, nothing and no one will! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X