News Channel riding up parents about daycare costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mom2Two View Post
    It seems like there are a lot of people doing home daycare who don't behave in a professional way. Maybe that drags down the image for the rest of us who take it seriously.
    You are absolutely right. Had a mom and grandma pair who came from a daycare but all they did was watch TV. Everything I enforced policies or even just because grandma would mention how black and white we were and that we weren't like the other babysitter. I hate that word even though dh doesn't mind it. She saw the difference and didn't realize daycares could be so about their business for lack of a better term. Anyway, I've had dcb since may 2015. Thought I was going to lose him bc wanted care until 600 but they're making it work.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
      Reminds me of the "I could drive a porsche..." thread.

Priorities are completely screwed up in this country. Things matter more than people. Than their own CHILDREN.
      THIS is the bottom line. Parents do not want to pay for anything they don't get something out of directly. They can drive a Porsche and look cool but have someone take care of my kid WHILE I WORK? Who cares.

I literally would LOVE to have all caregivers just go on strike and see everyones lives and the whole effing economy grind to a halt. Not even sure the President would be able to get to the office that day

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2Two View Post
        It seems like there are a lot of people doing home daycare who don't behave in a professional way. Maybe that drags down the image for the rest of us who take it seriously.
        Another huge issue I think. The lady down the street offering care for $25 a day, takes in more kids than legally allowed, has the tv on 24/7 and keeps the kids in her concrete basement. You think I am joking but of course y'all know I am not.

Comment

Working...
        X