Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well Now, I Think This Is A Licensing Violation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Now, I Think This Is A Licensing Violation...

This was on my local news this morning. It is not in my state, thank goodness!

Wow! On this topic, I live in a state that recently legalized marijuana. The recent revisions to our licensing regulations state that providers cannot be a grower or hold a medical marijuana card. Guess they didn't want to see anything like this on the news here . . .

Comment

Why on earth are they running a daycare when they have millions worth of mj? Daycare is hard! I wouldn't do it if my other business is netting a cool million!

Comment

Originally posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
        Why on earth are they running a daycare when they have millions worth of mj? Daycare is hard! I wouldn't do it if my other business is netting a cool million!
        They need to laundry all of that money, somehow! It's kinda like in Breaking Bad when they run the car wash. ::

Comment

Ha! Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss A View Post
            This was on my local news this morning. It is not in my state, thank goodness!

http://www.kwwl.com/story/33021884/2...=facebook_KWWL
            A previous thread on the same subject

Comment

Originally posted by Mariahsaint View Post
              They need to laundry all of that money, somehow! It's kinda like in Breaking Bad when they run the car wash. ::
              I was assuming they used the kids as reverse-paid labor. You know: You till the soil, scatter the seeds, water the seedlings, apply fertilizer, harvest the plants . . . and I'll charge your parents by the hour for it.

Comment

1. There is NO way that they had 600 plants growing in your typical suburban back yard, they get HUGE and would easily tower over any privacy fencing- they also smell VERY strongly when full grown.

2. 600 plants is not even close to a million dollars. MAYBE 200,000, if they all get full yield AND they sell it in small quantities which no major distributor will mess with.

My cousin is a legal grower in a legal state and runs a legal dispensary. He nets about $200-250/plant,(depending on strain, sold in bulk) and he needed a commercial building with 20ft ceilings because how tall the plants get.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
                  1. There is NO way that they had 600 plants growing in your typical suburban back yard, they get HUGE and would easily tower over any privacy fencing- they also smell VERY strongly when full grown.

2. 600 plants is not even close to a million dollars. MAYBE 200,000, if they all get full yield AND they sell it in small quantities which no major distributor will mess with.

My cousin is a legal grower in a legal state and runs a legal dispensary. He nets about $200-250/plant,(depending on strain, sold in bulk) and he needed a commercial building with 20ft ceilings because how tall the plants get.
                  Worth goes down when the risk is low, though, right. :confused: After seeing this providers facebook. I am really hoping it is a mistake, things don't add up.

The headline was funny initially, but after seeing her beautiful family (wedding) photos, the fact that she did the extra work of going to college for ECE after having been in business all these years (bio says started the same year as me) and she was legally licensed the whole time it just does not seem possible.

She passed inspections this year, then BAM condemned. :confused: How does that happen?
                  - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                    Worth goes down when the risk is low, though, right. :confused: After seeing this providers facebook. I am really hoping it is a mistake, things don't add up.

The headline was funny initially, but after seeing her beautiful family (wedding) photos, the fact that she did the extra work of going to college for ECE after having been in business all these years (bio says started the same year as me) and she was legally licensed the whole time it just does not seem possible.

She passed inspections this year, then BAM condemned. :confused: How does that happen?
                    That is very odd. I read that the plants belonged to someone else who lived in the house, but it still makes very little sense.

Daycarediva- I have family who legally grow in CO and you are right. I asked on the other thread how a parent dropping off would not notice the smell. Even if they were outside, the smell would carry, so it just doesn't seem possible that she was able to hide it. Something is very fishy here:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post

It's actually higher prices legally to cover taxation and businesses liability and the employees, insurance, etc.

Comment

My first thought was - That is a HUGE amount of weed! There has to be more to this story...

Also I am surprised licensing can say a provider can't have a green card as they are prescriptions. I can see saying you can't use while open, but after hours...I would see it the same as alcohol.

Comment

Retirement! 😂

Comment

I had a co-worker at my last job that was a dealer. His plan at 18 was to sell and keep the money for early retirement at thirty. Eventually he quit smoking weed turned himself into human resources as a addict. They had a policy that if you turned yourself in and got help you got to keep your job. But if you got caught or failed a random drug test you were gone no Second Chances. He is now over 30 and has not retired yet. Last I knew he felt it was okay 2 smoke it in a gathering but never by himself. He has also gotten a permit 2 grow medical purposes.

Comment

My daycare parents notice the smell.......but it's not mine.

The entire town smells of MJ when it's close to harvest time. ::

Comment

Working...
                              X