What Are Your Must Have Toys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miss A View Post
    We are a country daycare, so our "classroom pet" come in the form of a bottle calf, 12 red laying hens, 5 pigs, a dog, and 7 cats
    happyface::

I have a hamster in the classroom. No real room for a calf, DW's allergic to cats, and her and DD both would shoot me if I brought home a feeder pig. So I'll stick to 3 ducks, 7 chickens (3 more weeks till they transition outside FT), a 1 psychotic old Pekinese. I've joked we must never let DD see a pic of one of the mini appaloosa horses. They're about the same size as a large dog. She'd never let us hear the end of it if she knew they existed.

Comment

For a big splurge that will go from your age group to 11+, get the Symphony in B from B(Battat). It's dropped to 35 now, but it is the coolest musical toy, plus teaches them sections, lke woodwinds, strings, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MotherNature View Post
        For a big splurge that will go from your age group to 11+, get the Symphony in B from B(Battat). It's dropped to 35 now, but it is the coolest musical toy, plus teaches them sections, lke woodwinds, strings, etc.
        That does look cool! My kids would LOVE something like that!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveA View Post
          happyface::

I have a hamster in the classroom. No real room for a calf, DW's allergic to cats, and her and DD both would shoot me if I brought home a feeder pig. So I'll stick to 3 ducks, 7 chickens (3 more weeks till they transition outside FT), a 1 psychotic old Pekinese. I've joked we must never let DD see a pic of one of the mini appaloosa horses. They're about the same size as a large dog. She'd never let us hear the end of it if she knew they existed.
          *I* want a mini horse!!!

Comment

What gets the most use:

-A water transfer activity: Dollar store tray, turkey baster, and two small bowls.

-A homemade color matching activity, similar to this one: http://media10.dropshots.com/photos/...206/162730.jpg

-Scarves from the thrift store--$1 apiece. Not as pretty or as uniform as the playsilks, but more bang for my buck.

-Melissa & Doug alphabet nesting blocks.

-Green Toys Build-a-Bouquet

-Safari Ltd. life cycle models. I have the frog (big hit!) and chicken so far.

-Play Toys cone sorting. http://www.oompa.com/collections/pla...s-cone-sorting

-A simple ball drop track (Earlyears Roll 'n' Swirl).

Comment

That Oompa site is pretty awesome! I'll take one of each please?

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
                That Oompa site is pretty awesome! I'll take one of each please?
                I know, right?! I just saw they carry this game, which we also have--it's very popular with the 2-year-olds.
                Beautiful, fun, unique wooden toys, baby toys, European toys, American-made toys, and organic toys from brands you can trust -- Maileg, Haba, Plan Toys, Wishbone, Tegu, and more. Healthy, natural, heirloom-quality toys that are safe for babies, toddlers, and preschool children. So much to love at Oompa Toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pestle View Post
                  I know, right?! I just saw they carry this game, which we also have--it's very popular with the 2-year-olds.
                  http://www.oompa.com/collections/woo...-first-orchard
                  I like that too! And it's nice that 2 yos can play it because the pieces are big enough. I really like the balance boards too.

Comment

Working...
                  X