CL Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL Ads

Does anyone else have a huge problem with your ads being flagged and removed? I'm on my third attempt.

The first time (a month ago) they said it was because I had a digital flyer included and my website. So I removed those. Then, the 2nd time they said it was because I didn't list my e-mail, address (WTF) and phone number. I redid it to include most of those, but I still don't like listing my address on craiglist so I listed my cross-streets. That was flagged too! UGH!

Originally posted by NillaWafers View Post
    Does anyone else have a huge problem with your ads being flagged and removed? I'm on my third attempt.

The first time (a month ago) they said it was because I had a digital flyer included and my website. So I removed those. Then, the 2nd time they said it was because I didn't list my e-mail, address (WTF) and phone number. I redid it to include most of those, but I still don't like listing my address on craiglist so I listed my cross-streets. That was flagged too! UGH!
    Never had an issue here not listing phone or email, and always use website link & cross streets. There are a few places here that use digital flyers & I've never seen them flagged either

Comment

No I've never had those issues when listing on CL. The issue I have with craigslist is I start to get a whole bunch of calls from "banks" offering business loans and it always happens when I post a listing on craigslist, which I rarely do now.

Comment

Originally posted by NillaWafers View Post

interesting.?.... I have been flagged before but not for a daycare ad but for a free item. I was never told why though. How did you find out?

My ad sometimes has a phone number but most the time it does not. Other than a very small description all my ad has is my weblink and fakebook link. No email. I also opt out of the address option as it is an option.

Comment

Originally posted by 284878 View Post
          interesting.?.... I have been flagged before but not for a daycare ad but for a free item. I was never told why though. How did you find out?

My ad sometimes has a phone number but most the time it does not. Other than a very small description all my ad has is my weblink and fakebook link. No email. I also opt out of the address option as it is an option.
          for picture, i use a kid friendly picture, like crayons or bunch of balls..... but never a pic of the outside of my house.

Comment

I don't use a picture of the outside, just the inside and my backyard play area. I'm about to try again. This is so frustrating!

Comment

Have you searched other day care post in your area to see theirs?

Comment

I'm thinking I may have been too detailed so I just tried to reduce it to a paragraph and then only did like 3 pictures instead of 6.

Yes I looked and many ads are using the same things I am, and even some of the stuff I was told to avoid. Like website in the name, no address, digital flyers ect.

Comment

How are you seeing what the flag was for? I flag ads sometimes for real reasons (not the things you listed) but I've never given my reasons. Theres no option to explain really. Are the ads being monitored by actual craigslist staff? That doesn't make sense...? I thought they just remove ads after a certain number of flags depending on whatever the algorithm they made up for the city. .. I found this, it is old (2011) but could be informative
                  whatthegeek.net/2011/04/29/so-how-does-craigslist-flagging

Comment

It does not list the reasons. I don't know what the flag threshold is but I'm guessing it's fairly low since my ads don't stay up past 9 hours.

They suggest posting to ask what could have flagged it and their suggestions have been pretty ridic. Things like, "Oh your website doesn't match the openings you listed", "You can't have a digital flyer", "You have to list your actual address because people think you're a fake", "you have to list your phone number or people think you're a fake", "You can't have your website listed, it looks like spam".

What pisses me off is everyone else seems to be posting ads with no problems and half of them break all these rules. Some even post 8 times a day and have giant blocks of their ads in the childcare section. So it's like, what am I doing wrong? I'm too thorough?

Comment

I was flagged and eventually banned for a month on Craigslist once, but that's cause I pretended to sell my brothers Guinea pig as an April fools day prank so...I deserved it

But I have never had a problem when using it legitimately

Comment

I don't think it's about being thorough or any of those reasons listed. Probably someone is trying to eliminate competition and flagging all kinds of ads. They might be using a program that gets around craigslist's IP tracking for flagging or something. I see you are in CA like me. The one real rule we have for advertising is that we have to put The license number. Did you do that? Other than that, none of those other things are real rules. They may be silly things your competition has come up with to try to get rid of your ads but you haven't done anything wrong. If I were you I would place my ad (including license number) and then contact craigslist to find out what's going on...? Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by CalCare View Post
                          I don't think it's about being thorough or any of those reasons listed. Probably someone is trying to eliminate competition and flagging all kinds of ads. They might be using a program that gets around craigslist's IP tracking for flagging or something. I see you are in CA like me. The one real rule we have for advertising is that we have to put The license number. Did you do that? Other than that, none of those other things are real rules. They may be silly things your competition has come up with to try to get rid of your ads but you haven't done anything wrong. If I were you I would place my ad (including license number) and then contact craigslist to find out what's going on...? Good luck!
                          I'd be more inclined to believe that another provider was flagging the ads too.

As for being required to list your license number on all advertising, I don't think Craig's List monitors that type of thing...

Only situations I've heard about where provider ads are constantly flagged are those that are flagged by competition.

Comment

I mentioned that and the people in the flag forum were like, noooo Craiglist is set up so that people cannot flag competition, it takes more than one flag to take down the ad.

Well, I'm starting to think this must be the case. What jerks.

I just put up another ad, but I really shortened it and I didn't list my rates or any amenities. We will see how long this one lasts.

Comment

Yeah, no, I don't mean craigslist monitors the licensing number but that the only legit rule that they could say they are flagging for is not including the license number. All that shortening you are doing is totally pointless. You can write thousands of words if you want! They have zero say about that and it is not against craigslist terms of use orlicensing regs in any way.

Comment

Working...
                              X