DCB Nervous About New Sibling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCB Nervous About New Sibling?

I have a dcb, age 3, who is expecting a baby brother any day now. He has started acting out. Fully potty trained and today had 2 accidents. He's been potty trained with no accidents for 6 months. He also ripped one of my books and is a little aggressive. Unusual for him.

Normal for being nervous about a new sibling maybe?

I would consider it normal. Especially the potty training regression. In my experience some extra hugs and reassuring words go a long way. It usually resolves quickly after the new sibling arrives and then I've also seen a brief repeat of that behavior when that new sibling starts daycare with the older sibling.

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiKids View Post
      I would consider it normal. Especially the potty training regression. In my experience some extra hugs and reassuring words go a long way. It usually resolves quickly after the new sibling arrives and then I've also seen a brief repeat of that behavior when that new sibling starts daycare with the older sibling.
      Thanks! I was thinking it was probably the issue, but this is my first sibling I've had to deal with. Everyone else is and has been a singleton!

I think most families around here space their kids out just right, so they are not paying for 2 daycare spots

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I think most families around here space their kids out just right, so they are not paying for 2 daycare spots
        I wish I had been that organized!! ::

Comment

Working...
        X