Question About Reheating Breast Milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Reheating Breast Milk

It was getting close to time for DC baby to get hungry, so I took a bag of frozen milk out and dropped it in warm water. A few minutes later, dcd picked up. It was a busy moment, and I didn't remember to send the milk with him. Can I refrigerate it and reheat it tomorrow? Info I found online said it shouldn't be reheated more than twice....this would be just twice, but is it really okay?

IMO, as a breastfeeding mother, I'd say Id rather you toss it than risk it being bad and upsetting babys belly!

Comment

Thawed breastmilk can be put in the refrigerator and kept for up to 24 hours. You might want to ask DCM if you think there may be an issue. I know for me as a breastfeeding mom I'd be bummed if whole feeding was thrown out, that liquid gold takes time to pump!

Comment

Thanks. I definitely want it to be safe, but didn't want to just dump it!

Comment

The 24 hour thing from LLL, here's the source
          http://www.llli.org/faq/milkstorage.html

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
            The 24 hour thing from LLL, here's the source
            http://www.llli.org/faq/milkstorage.html
            Thank you! That is exactly what I needed.

Comment

I wouldn't keep it if it had been in a bottle (and baby had drank from the bottle), but in the bag, I'd just stick it in the fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
                I wouldn't keep it if it had been in a bottle (and baby had drank from the bottle), but in the bag, I'd just stick it in the fridge.
                I transferred it to a clean bottle, but baby didnt drink from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockgirl View Post
                  I transferred it to a clean bottle, but baby didnt drink from it.
                  I'd still call that good to keep!

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
                    I'd still call that good to keep!
                    Thank you! I just fed it to her.

Comment

Working...
                    X