• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS Truck Was Just Here!

Yay! 2 boxes one with thirty one stuff. Second box was from amazon
    I ordered
    "The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum: Teaching Through Quality Care"
    The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum Family Companion (10-pack)
    and
    The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum Developmental Assessment
    Gearing up for Step Up to Quality rating. I will let you all know what I think of these.

Be sure to get your specific rubric for environmental ratings scoring, approved curriculum offerings and training goals directly from your states website and an updated copy of FCCERS-R or some of those suggestions can cost you much needed points.

2 points cost me a full star last time.

I am starting over to get the last bit of financial offerings available for my DCK's before this, too, is turfed.
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

How exciting! What did you get from ThirtyOne?

Comment

I got the mini Cindy (so wanted - clearance 14.99) the "straw" bag... make up bag, key fob.

Yeah the 31 was fun for me!

Comment

Fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse View Post
            Yay! 2 boxes one with thirty one stuff. Second box was from amazon
            I ordered
            "The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum: Teaching Through Quality Care"
            The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum Family Companion (10-pack)
            and
            The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum Developmental Assessment
            Gearing up for Step Up to Quality rating. I will let you all know what I think of these.
            I know this post is SO old , but, what did you think of the Redleaf press curriculum? I was thinking about ordering it and can't really find much information on it.

Comment

Originally posted by momofsix View Post
              I know this post is SO old , but, what did you think of the Redleaf press curriculum? I was thinking about ordering it and can't really find much information on it.
              I use it....well mostly just for the assessment portion but I do have the book too!

What are you needing to know about it?

I chose it because it was the most open ended curriculum I could find that still aligned with my state's approved curricula requirements for QRIS.

Comment

Thanks for responding.
                !. Do you like the assessments? Are they "natural" as far as not intruding with the natural flow of the kids' play?
                I need an assessment tool and don't like the ones I've been doing-basically just making my own based on things I've found online. As of now we are not required to use them , but I'm sure that will be changing soon.
                2. I've been doing my own "curriculum" for forever, but again, soon I'm sure I will need to have one approved by the state. I'm not a fan of most of the stuff I've seen out there at all. With most other curriculum I can find a sample online, or at least an outline; I have no idea what it's like. Themes, play based...?

The good thing, even if I'm not a fan, it's pretty cheap!
                Thanks for any information

Comment

Working...
                X