Do You Really Use Disposable Gloves??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Really Use Disposable Gloves??

For those of you who have a home day care: Do you use disposable gloves when serving food?

No I don't.

Comment

wha....? I've heard of it for diaper changes but never for serving food.

And no, I don't. Not for diaper changes, either.

Ahhh, the privileges of not having to be licensed in my state...
      Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

No... not for serving food, only diaper changes.

Comment

Using gloves would be a little excessive to use them in the kitchen. I can understand if you're "teaching" how to bake and mix ingredients together to be a good role model, but not for normal daily meals to serve food. I only use gloves for #2/#3 diapers.

Comment

Diaper changes and butt wiping. Also anything to do with touching the toilet.
            Too much money for me to use in the kitchen..
            And never really thought of it.

Comment

No

We only use gloves on extreme clean ups like blow outs, really messy snot face, and of course puke.
              http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Nope. Only nasty diaper changes (has happened like, once, in the last 6 months).

Comment

Nope in the kitchen and like pp said, only for the super yucky diapers.

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
                    Using gloves would be a little excessive to use them in the kitchen. I can understand if you're "teaching" how to bake and mix ingredients together to be a good role model, but not for normal daily meals to serve food. I only use gloves for #2/#3 diapers.
                    Even in the case of teaching...most "normal" people do not use gloves when baking in their own home. Washing hands well before, during, and after would seem to me to be a better "role model" than wearing gloves.
                    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

no, I believe in good hand washing.

Comment

Not for food but...

I use them every day for #2 diaper changes and wiping butts for the potty trained kiddos who can't wipe themselves yet. I also use them for cleaning up vomit and blood. I usually don't use them for snot.

Comment

Nope, blood and puke, the occassional really bad diaper, but thats about it.

Comment

No, I don't use them myself, but my assistant used them for everything including food. It was her choice and when she asked me to supply them I did.

Comment

I use them for serving snack every day. I wash my hands first, perp the snack, then bring gloves to serve anything that I have to touch (not prepackaged stuff). Some parents pick up at snacktime and they have mentioned it to me that they appreciate it when I use them. Kinda sucks, but oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X